Today I got HIGHER than you! - wanna bet?

Discussion in 'General' started by Leapfrog, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Legally 18,000ft then you get in to airspace we are not allowed in.
    Jet's are faster and stronger than us. :eek:

I have been to 12,680ft AGL (Above Ground Level) but it gets COLD up there, trust me on that one and you don't see shit because everything is so far below. The seatbelt sign in jets goes off @ 10,000ft, next time you fly in one look outside and you'll see what I am talking about.

95% of the time I fly anywhere between inches and maybe 600ft the most.

Nothing beats watching the Bikini Girls on your beaches waving @ us and the Sharks, Dolphins, Stingrays etc. playing in the water.

2. Unless you crash.

3. Haha well I have a little over 5,600 flights and haven't gotten in to the water...yet.

Sharks around here don't bother people. They really don't.

4. #64 IGotTheCottons, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
    Haha, that's awesome. I could definitely take one of those up 18,000 ft, but I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie :D

...I'd prolly just do it a couple times, though... Just so I can say I did it :)

The last time I was in a plane, I saw the Grand Canyon from 30,000 ft up, and it was the most majestic thing I think I've ever seen.

5. so have you come across any good grow's while flying? like a weed field??????

6. Hmmm maybe!?

Wait, what's weed?...;)

7. yeah, I definately think I want to try this once. I, like Cotton's, am quite the Adrenaline Junkie myself.

8. Can you inhale the clouds

9. Guys take a course and do a tandem flight!

DO IT!

Same shit I am doing, just with two people!

This gives you a pretty good idea what it's all about:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M6rN4Aqe3w"]YouTube - Tandem Foot Launch - Paramotor, Cambodia[/ame]

10. I sure as hell would try too!

11. Haha funny you're asking that...flying through clouds feels moist and can get quiet "disturbing" to do if you do the 'shit' I do (acrobatics)...

12. Whats it like handling that shit in heavier winds?

I've seen a trike flying around at low altitude with heavy winds and the sucker would just randomly lose a lot more altitude than I was comfortable with, especially since he was constantly circling over my house taking photos of the place next door ('twas his place).

He didn't seem to bothered though... ?

13. Yea,you definatly got a little higher, looks fun!

14. Sounds like the above story is what leads to newspaper headlines...

Heavy winds AND structures such as houses around...that's a BIG NO!
    There is something called 'rotor' which you DON'T want to get in to...

I have flown in what we consider heavy winds (around 20+mph) but I have the equipment (small high performance wing) and experience to do so. Don't mean to sound like I'm superman, I simply have flown a lot and have the experience and judgment necessary.

Common wind speed recommendations are 4 to 6mph for beginners and up to around 12mph for advanced pilots.
    You can fly on the beach pretty much all day long if there is a sea breeze, inland mostly 2 to 3 hours after sunrise and a few hours before sunset in order to stay out of thermals.

15. Just to clarify... I meant I'd go up to 18,000 ft a couple times, lol. Not just that I wanted to go up in the glider a couple times.

I wanna get some equipment and do the paragliding thing on a regular basis. That looks like a really fun new hobby. :D

I saw the tandem videos... And gotta say I'm not too fond of having someone else attached to me. If I fuck up, and die, I only wanna kill myself, lol... Not me + whoever's attached to me.

I'd also prolly wear a parachute as a reserve... 'Cause yeah, always good to have a backup plan lol.

16. holy shit. i am jealous. please tell me you lit up, that high. +rep.

17. idk im pretty high

18. Those things are so cool. But I did get higher. I live at like 2500 ft. above sea level, and go over a mile all the time.

19. My dad used to be an avid Powered Paraglider, he just sold his rig a year ago. He has friends from all over, its good to see someone else who shares a passion for the sport.