Today I got HIGHER than you! - wanna bet?

Discussion in 'General' started by Leapfrog, Feb 16, 2009.

1. rhis was today i see

2. Hahaha couldn't you come up with something more intelligent? :rolleyes:

3. i dont care about the risk or how much it costs...

I AM FUCKING DOING THAT SOME DAY!!

4. do your wear a parachute in case the main one fails?

5. I dont think you can, theirs a bigass fan on their backs, if you didn't notice.

6. Some do, I don't.

I usually fly far too low to be able to deploy one, that's why I don't use a reserve.

When I say far too low then I am talking about flying inches over the beaches/water...for 20 miles @ a time.

Flying @ around 1,500ft today was an exception due to the cool clouds (we usually don't have those around here and if we do they are Thunderstorms = you don't even wanna get near those while flying!)

7. so awesome bro! you're so high up it's crazy. nice thread title btw...lol.

8. Some do, the reserves are only about the size a 1lb bag of weed is.

9. #49 Smokentoke420, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
    These aint from today, and Im not flying either but...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. YOU BETCHA! :)

I have done it all.

If it exists in this world - I have done it. (not a joke)

IMHO nothing beats the flying (you can see in the pics) I am doing.

11. I have to try this. I do have a small fear of heights but this just seems too sick to pass up. I have seen videos of this but the pictures you have make it look so beautiful and i just have to try this. Im making this one of the things i have to do before i die.

12. outer space ;)

13. hey i just had a thought....could u puff a blunt up there while doin that?

14. that's insane, so to safely float up to that distance you were at in the first picture and stay up there for around 3 hours, how much do you think it would cost? i need to do this before i die.

15. Thanks Leapfrog, I think I have a new goal.

:cool:

16. That's bad-fuckin-ass man. I'm all kinds of jealous... And will definitely be doin that before I die... But there's no way I could do that, and NOT smoke a blunt while I'm up there, lol.

How high up can u go with one of those??

17. thats so cool. im pretty sure i would get an anxiety attack all the way up there. thats envyous.

18. Wow, Leapfrog, that is awesome!!!

I saw this one guy do something similar, he had a go kart retrofitted with a giant fan and parachute and gliding above everything.

Doing that is seriously one of the things I have to do before I die.

19. Well...you gotta have the equipment and especially the right training. Not just a 3-day crash course like offered but thorough training since you are going to be 1,000's of feet up there all by yourself having to make the right decisions @ the right time.

Equipment is around 8K incl. training. You can get the gear for much less (around 5.5K) but in this sport you get what you pay for and that's something I wouldn't f*ck around about.

The 2 hours I flew today cost me less than $10 total.

20. dude u look like u were so fuckin high