Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

tobacco pipe?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by snarkbolt, Sep 17, 2012.

1. hello, i was down at the local pawn shop looking at their range of cones and things, and they had a few old dark wooden pipes, typical of old men in movies.
    so i was considering buying one for bud, 'cause i really like the look of it but a friend told me they have filters inside them because they're only designed for tobacco.

sorry if i haven't given you enough information

please tell me what you think, your opinion would be great, thanks :)

2. if by filters you mean a screen then buy it beacause alot of people i know add screens to their pipes so no weed falls in the pipe when you pack it.

3. They don't have filters in, your friend is lying.

4. thank you very much :)

5. There are pipe filters for the 'old man' pipe. They go in the long part I think not the bowl. Regardless they are pretty sweet pipes. Never owned one but smoked one and smoother then most pipes.

6. i love these pipes they taste awesome

7. cheers, i'll look into one

8. I have a pipe, not wood but a tobacco pipe, nonetheless. It does have a filter which is in the stem. Thinking of smoking out of it tonight but afraid of sucking in the burning weed >_>

9. I'd try to remove the filter. If not, I really wouldn't worry too much.

10. Don't worry about the filter if you can't take it out man.

If you can then buy screens if your worried about that or you can just stick a bigger chunk of weed to plug the hole up.

11. Ended up smoking with the filter just stuck a bud in there rather than grinding it sadly I probably wasted a lot but it worked.

12. yeah those filters are in the stem and wont mess with your smoke.

reason why tobacco pipes have those is cause when you actually smoke pipe tobacco you get this liquid shit in bottom of pipe and you can suck that shit in and burn your tongue.

13. That's tobacco resin.