Tobacco Pipe Smokers? - NEED HELP!

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by rosssmith16, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Well.. you get what you pay for. I'd go with the wooden smoking pipe ash, "Comes with Filter, Box, Pouch & Stand." The other one for a dollar is just the pipe, its probably pretty flimsy too for a dollar.

2. Thankyou very much for your input, I may have to go for the more expensive one then, since the cheaper one has a plastic coating, so could just be complete crap

3. Yea, really I wouldn't even waste a dollar on that, it's probably a piece of crap. You might as well invest a little when just starting out with pipe tobacco to get the feel for it. Then if you enjoy it you can upgrade to a better pipe, but that one is great for starting out. Theres no need spending $100 for a tobacco pipe only to find out you dont like it.

4. I realize this is old. I was recommend for my first tobacco pipe was to get a corn-cob pipe. When I went to my local tobacco store they actually had a basket of pipe 2nds (one that had some sort of defect) I opted for one of those to start out with. I'm now on my 3rd which I payed $200 for but it is really nice and I really enjoy my pipe tobacco. Find a shop that sells tobacco pipes and they will usually have a few 2nds they are looking to sell at a discount.

5. This exactly. Cobs should run you under $10. Missouri Meerschaum is a good company for cobs; they sell replacement bits dirt cheap online. If you get the hang of smoking a pipe and enjoy it, then you can start looking for a nice briar or meer. And don't start out with a pipe that has a massive bowl. Ease into it.