Tobacco Mosaic Virus???

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by VicRattlehead, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Well i really wish i would have learned this virus before i started... I smoke cigarettes constantly, i even just started rolling my own again recently, right before i learned about it. Apparently it starts with bumby/deformed leaves? idk..these leaves look pretty fucking "mosaic" to me... =/

My babies are only a month old, but im sure theyve had pleanty of a chance to get the virus already..what do you guys think..heres an example of one of the leaves...

[​IMG]

2. thanks for the heads up, i dont smoke cigs but i have seen my leaves look like that. to me it looks like over fert or heat stress. whatever it is, good luck with it. are you thinking this virus is passed from smoker to plant? keep us posted on your progress. :smoking:

3. I realize now that this thread is in the wrong section... It would have been from me touching tobacco with the virus and then handling the plants... I think..and am hoping its something else...

4. Hi Vic! That looks like the start of a magnesium def to me. See any yellow/brown spots forming or yellowing between the veins? That might give a nod towards mag def. Otherwise it's usually heat stress that does it, but it looks slightly different.

Good luck!

5. Theres a few faint yellow spots/blotches and some yellowing tips (no pics of that)... If it is a mag def then how would i fix that?...Could i just feed them more Grow Big?...

I only gave them one feeding so far just last watering with like .4 EC of Grow Big... Is it safe to feed them twice in a row like that?

Heres some pics from my journal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. feed them a little Epsom salt 1/4 tbs per gallon

7. Thanks man, ill try that tonight if i can get ahold of any... I just want to make sure its the Mg def thats my problem...but i guess the only way for me is to try something haha.

I read this..
    MANGANESE (Mn) Necrotic and yellow spots form on top leaves. Mn deficiency occurs when large amounts of Mg are present in the soil. Foliar feed with any chemical fertilizer containing Mn.

I refuse to use chemical ferts haha, but would foliar feeding with Grow Big help me out at all...for now?