Tobacco in the front joint?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by arcrad, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Basically, my idea is to roll a joint with tobacco in the front half and bud in the back half. (It's only an idea because I just ran out of nugget :smoke: )

Unlike a spliff, the goal would be to vape the bud as the tobacco is smoked and then, depending on how well vaped the bud was, possibly smoke the bud. I've heard that by mixing the tobacco and weed (as in a spliff), key chemicals are damaged or lost due to the high burning temperature of tobacco.

This website claims a cigarette cherry burns at roughly "800−900 C during a puff". That seems like it could be sufficient to vape the bud, as it only needs to be in the 185–210 C range.

What do you blades think? Could this be a ghetto vapo-bakerizer?

2. As someone who used to smoke spliffs and always put a fair bit of tobacco at the start of a joint so that the weed started a bit further back - I never felt any effects until I hit the weed part of the joint, other than my usual nicotine rush as someone who doesn't smoke cigarettes.

I always wondered if that would work too but I'm pretty sure weed burns a lot hotter than tobacco, which is why people put tobacco in "spliffs", in order to help it burn slower and more evenly. If your theory was correct that'd mean that half your joint is getting vaped every time you smoke a joint, and while I'm sure maybe a bit does, I doubt much of that is happening. See you have to remember, the heat doesn't spread along the joint that much. If you start smoking a joint, you can put your fingers halfway up the joint and it's unlikely to burn you. It would still need to reach 200-300*C halfway up the joint to be vaporised, in which case it *would* burn your fingers, but it doesn't.

Sorry if that was long and random, half awake :p

3. Care to elaborate a bit?

Nah that was a wonderful answer. Lucid and based on previous experience.

Yeah I'm gonna have to look into this more, but I think it has potential. Maybe substitute tobacco for something that burns at highers temps. Maybe find a material that creates lots of gas when it burns to increase convection. I dunno yet, but I want my ghetto vaporizer. :D

Anyone have a reference for temperature at which bud burns?

4. If your gonna roll a spliff either just mix the weed and tobacco. If you dont want to, ive heard of people putting the weed in front so they can choose to smoke the tobacco or not, but it will still be the size of a normal joint so you dont have to roll ridiculously small joints.

5. Personally I would just pack a bowl and call it a day.

6. Nah, just smoke it all the way through. Forget the vaporizing and all that jazz. Just smoke it until your lips hurt and you will get a crazy head rush mixed with the high.

7. nah dude, having something like that or im pretty anything in the front of the joint will not be nice. even if you find something that will vape the bud, the res/tar from tobacco/other will probably ruin the bud. itll taste terrible man.

if its also a case of not wanting to get to the roach cause of hot lips and wanting some tobacco then throw some bacco in the end. so you burn through all the bud, get a drag or how ever many of tobacco and youre good

8. ^^ This.

9. Exactly my thoughts on the matter.