1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

Toaster Oven outdoors for firecrackers?

Discussion in 'Incredible, Edible Herb' started by Raqent, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Hi, I've got a quick and easy question. Essentially, I've been making firecrackers for a while and this recipe does always work (250 F decarb for 10 min, then 300 F for 15 min for the crackers themselves), although I can't make it indoors due to the smell decarbing produces. If I were to use a toaster oven outdoors in about -3 degree weather (celcius that is), will it still operate well and decarb and bake properly? Or will the cold cause it to not work out so well? Will I have to cook it for longer? It does have a pre heat setting that I ALWAYS use by the way. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

• Like Like x 1

2. You're meant to Decarb for 40 minutes not just 10:confused_2:

3. No decarbing for 10 works but only for this recipe. The 15 min for 300 after is the sweet temperature for firecrackers. Yes, for cookies or brownies or anything else really, a full decarb would be best. But for this, 10 min is enough for it. I'm not sure if it's the most efficient, but it's what I've been doing for a long while. There WAS a time when I fucked up and did 300 F for 10 min, the weed was much darker and looked almost burnt, although it still worked since I remember the come up intensifying VERY quickly. Sadly, I fell asleep and never got to experience it and fully compare it to 250 F :(

4. Get yourself a $3 oven thermometer, put it inside the toaster oven, and then you'll know what the temperature is. I used a toaster oven until about 18 months ago, and now use smell-free Ardent Lift/Nova.
    Most firecracker recipes have a 2 stage decarb, and yours is 250 F (approximately 33% decarb) and in-oil at 300 F (unknown amount of decarb).
    Air decarb at 300 F is about 5 minutes, but it's different inside oil, so it might not be completely accurate.
    My testing has proved to me that a single decarb works at least as well for firecrackers, and 240 F for 40 min is optimal, as is 250 F for 30 min. Then the herb can be ground to fine powder and mixed with anything oily and eaten, or baked after mixing into the oil of any short-bake recipe.
    You might try this with the single dose that you normally use, and compare. I've done it with as little as 1/2 gram.
    I often keep bowls of decarbed herb powder mixed with homemade nutella.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the reply, I'll try these ones I currently made with 250 F for 10 min, but next time I will decarb for 30 min @ 250 F, then mix it in a brownie recipe and see how it compares. I made 2 crackers (one 0.5 other 0.7), so next time I will do the same your method. Thanks again :)

6. I have no oven so I decarb in a sealed mason jar in a crock pot water bath, and then make firecrackers in a toaster oven. I put extra peanut butter around the edges to try and seal it, it smells a lot less if no herb is exposed. Some strains make stinkier firecrackers than others. I have to be really careful about smell too, and if I keep the window open and spray a bit of febreeze, it's pretty manageable. The first time I accidentally stunk up the hallway but I'm not the only cannabis user in my building so I don't know if it bothered anyone, or if they could tell it was me. I just minimize time I leave weed out, exposed and smelly.

Grasscity Deals Near You