Toad Venom -- anyone tried it

Discussion in 'General' started by whpeace, May 1, 2007.

1. lol, they had a family guy episode on that stuff, i thought it was just a joke.... never tried it but the trip they had on it on family guy was pretty much like shrooms. obviously its only a cartoon but thats all i know about it :p

2. Haven't tried it personally, but know someone that does do it on occasion. He showed me how much he takes per trip. It looked like a tiny piece of ash. Very small.
    I know you can have the sonoran desert toad shipped overnight for around $200. They squeeze the venom from sacks on the toads head on to glass slides. Then they let it dry, and scrape a very small flake off.
    I guess they get enough to last a while. He said if you squeeze out all the venom, it takes like 2 months for the toad to replace it. Good luck, just be careful.
    I may be wrong, but I think the club drug Foxy was a synthetic version.

3. lol just go to australia and lick it

4. $200!?!? Just buy some shrooms for 20 bux lol.

5. or some 2-4 hits of acid for $20 lol, i say if you're in an area where the toad lives go for it. If not i wouldn't blow $200 on it, id buy a half o and some sid or boomers.:smoke:

6. Ya, but with the $200 toad, you get a cool pet toad buddy who constantly produces the trippy venom.

7. yep it is not 200 bucks for the trip. it is pretty much 200 bucks for as many trips as you can take before the toad dies, at least that's the impression i'm under.

either way, im not spending 200 bucks. i have the toad connect, i'm just makin sure I want to use it haha

8. Ok, i misunderstood. I thought it was $200 for a couple of trips, not the whole toad. Depending on how long they live and how old it is when they send it, i would get it for sure.......free trips for months??? SIGN ME UP!!!!

too bad i dont have that kind of money.....='(

9. <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ksWCYph3E-E"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ksWCYph3E-E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

10. I was just guessing $200. I checked on them abot 3 years ago and it was $170 to have it shipped live, overnight. I just figured $30 inflation.
    If you are in to it, it's worth the $. I know that they have 2 of them. They've had them about 4 years.

11. It's pretty easy. I watched them do it. The little sack behind the toads head are full of venom. They just lay a glass slide next to them, then they just squeeze them towards the slide. (rubber gloves) They smear it around the slide and let it dry. Then they just scrape a little tiny flake off and eat it. I haven't talked to them in a couple months, but I'm pretty sure he said they get like 40-60 trips worth every 2-3 months.
    Could be a big $ maker if you know enough people in to it.

And the toad does not seem to be harmed in any way.

12. Thanks for the link dude...

Should get the pair and mate them haha...

As for extracting the venom, it does not hurt the toad. I've never done it and I certainly wouldn't want to hurt the toad for my own pleasure, so I'd just start off pressing soft and gradually increase pressure until you see the splat on your glass pane.

Here is the quote
    "Extracting the venom was somewhat problematic. _Venomous Animals and their Venoms_ gives a procedure where the toad is pressed firmly down with one hand and the paratoidal gland (behind the 'ear') is sqeezed firmly with the other. A piece of glass is suspended above the toad to catch the viscous venom as it squirts from the toad. I found this method awkward. The best way (after brief experimentation) I was able to discover was to hold the toad in one hand, squeeze the gland with the other, and have an assistant hold some glass in the firing line of the paratoidal gland. This should be repeated once after the toad is allowed to rest for 20 minutes or so. You must apply a considerable amount of pressure to release any poison; I was hesitant in this as I was afraid I would injure the toads (especially with the manager standing next to me). Because I didn't apply as much pressure as I should have, I only obtained 80-100 mg of venom from the three toads. According to _Venomous Animals and their Venoms_ I should have obtained something more like 400mg per toad."
    http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=2172

13. I saw a story on those toads. Some family with a golden retriever bought a new house by a pond. The dog kept disappearing for long amounts of time. They followed him and found him sucking on toads! Poor thing was addicted to them. :D Everytime they let him out, he headed to the pond to suck toads. Can't remember how they got him to stop the toad sucking, but did it somehow.

14. back when i first started smoking pot i researched everything on erowid. I read about these guys and became really interested and wanted to take a trip down to the desert to try and catch some lol. But then eventually i just forgot

the venom contains 5meo DMT which can be pretty intese i guess (havent tried it) so be careful with your toads! :smoking: :bongin:

15. you had me at pet toad buddy. i want one :) +rep :D

16. theres toatds that produce drugs and you can jus milk them of there drugs ????:eek:

wow fuck cows .. everyone get toatds

17. haha ya and this stuff aparently really gives you an amazing trip, but I've read and heard it does not last long. Maybe a 15 minute trip and a 15 minute comedown...

i guess if I try them over summer i'll report back.

18. dude my dog licked a toad once and he his head and mouth was paralyzed for like 3 weeks.
    looked like it sucked . maybe it was different toad?