To Trim or Not to Trim?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LuckyTyson33, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Ok, so first a little background info:
    This is my 1st grow: Nirvana's Feminized Bubbleliscious (from seed)
    Sprouted: 49 days ago
    Switched to 12/12: 15 days ago
    Medium: FF Ocean Forest
    Lights: 8 x 100w 2700k CFLs

I'm 15 days into the 12/12 light schedule. Up until this point I've done some minor LST to maintain an even canopy, and trimmed the lower 3rd prior to inducing flower.

She filled back up quickly and looks really healthy to me. Being my 1st grow, I don't want to mess up the progress I've made. I've heard a few schools of thought on trimming. Some say don't teim because the fan leaves are used to create sugars for bud, some say trim so the bud gets more light and grows bigger. Should I leave her as is, or get rid of some of the fans? Thanks everyone!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

2. Add some side lights (CFL) if you're concerned. They look great, don't trim IMO.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. thanks man!

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Looking very healthy.
    I partially defoliate my plants during the last couple weeks of bud mostly to get better air flow in the rooms. Helps control powdery mildew and also speeds up the cropping process.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pop to the 1 node or 2 for huge buds. So leave the main Branches cutting all sucker shoots striping to the top nodes Nothing below. I personally have tried alot of ways and have a ton of support. I belive this produces Best without robbing the plant of drive..

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1