Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

To those who smoke mids

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JayEff, May 25, 2010.

1. This is a public service announcement to those that smoke mids and/or schwag. Just yesterday, I was one of them. You may experience thoughts like these:

"Why should I smoke dank? Regular gets me high"
    " Why pay 20 a gram when I can get a gram sack of mids for $8?"
    "My tolerance is low so it would be a waste of money"

I, too, had those thoughts. I kept reading posts here about how important quality is over quantity. I shrugged them off arrogantly, thinking that mids were the better deal. I've always told myself that I'll smoke mids only until I build tolerance and am obligated to upgrade to dank. I should've listened to those posts earlier, because my lungs just experienced their first contact with some dank.

If you smoke mids, upgrade now. Compared to the 1g of mids that I need to get baked, I only used .2g of dank tonight and I was blown away. Ironically, dank is cheaper! (4 dollars per session with dank versus 8 dollars per session with mids).

The high was so much better. Mids usually took all my energy from me, made me fall asleep, and generally worse...it's hard to describe the highs, but the dank high:
    a) was a lot clearer
    b) had no feeling burned out and tired
    c) gave my brother and I an intellectual boost- my brother and I are very intelligent, and while we were high our abilities to express ourselves and discuss were through the roof. Debates or even casual conversations suddenly felt more interesting.

""Once you go dank you never go back" - JayEff" - Michael Scott

I made this thread to encourage everyone out there to make the leap...it's simply better in every way. My descriptions of the high, sadly, don't give it justice. Try it for yourself

Note - Remember that prices are different depending on the area. I don't want any posts about how cheap you get your dank in Canada Also, I'm not expecting much discussion in this topic, as it's old news for most of you seasoned tokers. However, I know that there are a lot of people out there who (like I used to ignorantly) prefer mids, so I want to encourage them to upgrade This took me waaaay too much time to write.

One bad thing happened last night though...my friend was passing me my pipe and it fell and shattered :(

2. welcome to paradise my friend. keep smokin:smoke:

3. I smoke both occasionally. Usually dank more than mids. But I don't really care either way. If I want to have alot of bud thats only gonna get me kinda high I'd buy mids, but if I just wanna quick smoke that will get me faded then i'll buy some dank.

The only reason I like mids is cause If i buy mids I can smoke for like 20-30minutes straight, with dank its usually just one or two bowls then I'm done.

4. [​IMG]

I get an ounce of that for 100, I could -maybe- get a quarter of dank for the same price, I'm pretty happy with my mids.

Maybe you were getting shitty mids.

5. that looks like a nice seed shell on top of that bud. ill stick to my sinsemilla.(homegrown= basically free)

6. I smoked mid but I guess I have an addictive personality because the first time I smoked dankness I basically went bankrupt buying it....now I grow it so hopefully it won't matter.

7. well that's cool, i'm happy for ya.

but.. i easily smoke an 8th a day. i really enjoy the act of smoking, not just getting high. i don't wanna take two hits and get stoned, i want to smoke the entire bowl and be stoned.

also my tolerance goes up really quick. after a week or so smoking only "dank", i'm getting just as high as i do with mids. except when i try to switch back to mids it takes me a while before its doing its job again.

I thought the same thing once, that it would be cheaper. but its not (in my case). so no, i will not buy "dank", i'll go without smoking if its the only thing around.

also, i don't buy "dank" because i grow. its hard for me to pay that much for something i can grow myself (and usually be way fucking better imo). but i don't grow all yr long anymore, so theres times i have to buy, and when i do its mids.

once again, i'm happy for ya though.

8. That's exactly what it is, it's mids and mids has got some seeds. It's still great bud. As someone who smoked exclusively dank last fall semester, I'm telling you that your best buy isn't coming from 20/g 380/o dank, it's from stuff like this. I enjoy the freedom of sitting down to a sesh and being able to burn four or five bowls in a row without worrying about running out of the eigth of dank I've got or rolling up twenty bucks of bud in a joint that took me five minutes to smoke, It's much nicer to pull from a big ole' jar.

[​IMG]

If I ever have the freedom to grow in safety, then i'll start smoking more dank, but this thread is about value not simply quality.

9. yea i also have an addictive personality. i suppose that's why i wanna smoke the entire bowl not just a few hits, and why on the avg i go through an 8th+ a day.

10. #10 JayEff, May 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2010
    In my case it's cheaper because I have a low tolerance, but eventually it will be more expensive...hadn't thought of that :(

That's why my I used to do so many blunts, because I prefer getting a huge amount of hits from a blunt than just a few from a pipe. I wasted a lot of weed doing blunts but it's because I'm the same way, I love the actual act of smoking (obviously I love the high as well)

11. If you grow, or are rich as shit, then enjoy your dank everyday. But for me, it'll still be the high-mids, and the occasional dank every few weeks when I have the extra money saved up.

12. an O of reg last as long as dank for me. The only difference is after 1 bowl of dank its easy to say no. Reg its like "just one more" but with SELF CONTROL I like the money saved.

for me 250 = half O of dank
    300 for a QP

no way a half will last as long as a QP.

It comes down to location and price (for me)

seems like everytime I get some dank the gf and I have the same conversation about how when its regulated we are gonna smoke the dankest of the dank. til then its all about price/quantity

13. Nice...lol reminds me of the time I hit oxy 80s....=[

14. I wish I had an Oxy tree :(

15. [quote name='JayEff']This is a public service announcement to those that smoke mids and/or schwag. Just yesterday, I was one of them. You may experience thoughts like these:

"Why should I smoke dank? Regular gets me high"
    " Why pay 20 a gram when I can get a gram sack of mids for $8?"
    "My tolerance is low so it would be a waste of money"

I, too, had those thoughts. I kept reading posts here about how important quality is over quantity. I shrugged them off arrogantly, thinking that mids were the better deal. I've always told myself that I'll smoke mids only until I build tolerance and am obligated to upgrade to dank. I should've listened to those posts earlier, because my lungs just experienced their first contact with some dank.

If you smoke mids, upgrade now. Compared to the 1g of mids that I need to get baked, I only used .2g of dank tonight and I was blown away. Ironically, dank is cheaper! (4 dollars per session with dank versus 8 dollars per session with mids).

The high was so mu

to start my post, i know dank is much better in ever way (other than price) and i buy 8ers of dank every now and then, BUT i am going to disagree with "once you go dank you never go back"...i usually by oz s of good mids and a .2 in my vape will get me a very very good high with none of the ill effects you described...maybe the mids you weregetting were actually bad shwag but i know that for equal money (a qtr of dank to an O of mids) i will get higher precisely double the amount of times with the O of mids...so to me it doesnt make any financial sense to spend more and get high less times...and it isnt that i have a real low tolerance why i still get high from mids...been smoking daily for a couple years...yes i do absolutely love dank nugs, but mids deffinitely does the job and a vaoe can make them go verrry far

16. This guy hit the nail right on the head. I buy dank sometimes, but I normally smoke high mids similar to this picture above. It still does the trick, and it doesn't skyrocket my tolerance (until I start going crazy with the kief ;)).

17. True that, mids really does suck in the long run. I usually am able to get dank, but a few days ago ended up getting crappy mids for about $5 a gram. The high was unbearable..I got a huge headache, was drained of energy, and couldn't stand the hunger. Even if dank costs more, its definitely worth it. I'd rather pay $20 to get 1 gram of dank, then 4 grams of mids, cause I don't smoke too often, maybe once or twice a week. I dunno it just seems worth it to me.. :smoke:.

18. No need to argue over which is better mids or dank. Obviously dank. If someone wants to go quantity over quality let them. Dont sit and degrade mids just because you smoke dank. You guys smoke weed? Argue like bitches.

19. for me
    qp of good mids- 550
    o of dank- 400

it definitely doesn't take 4 times more mids to get me ripped, so yea dank is rarely if ever the better deal. the main difference that makes me buy both is that dank tastes soooo much better.

20. Here i can get dank for 15 a gram, or i can get a quarter of mids for 30. i get high off both, i enjoy both. so for the same price i get 3.5x the amount in mids.
    i can also get a quarter of dank for 80, but i can also get a half of mids for 55.
    sorry man but im sticking with my mids. :smoke: