To The Experienced: Need some tips & advice

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by tru2tharoots, Dec 2, 2005.

1. I'm gonna start growing Hydroponically instead of soil.

I'm gonna purchase the EruoGrower 8. (I have growing experience but this will be my first hydropnic system)
    [​IMG]
    ITEM DESCRIPTION:
    The new EuroGrowerâ„¢ from General Hydroponics is the ideal system for someone new to gardening. The EuroGrowerâ„¢ demonstrates a simple, elegant approach to home hydroponics. The heart of the EuroGrowerâ„¢ is a custom designed 40 gallon Panda reservoir, more than adequate for the eight 2 gallon buckets. Nutrients are provided through a drip system. You can grow virtually anywhere using the EuroGrowerâ„¢ with any popular soil or soilless medium. The EuroGrowerâ„¢ comes complete with GH Flora Series nutrients.
    This system includes: 40 gallon reservoir, 8 buckets, Pump, pH kit, Grasslin timer, CocoTek bricks (4), Hydroton rocks and 3 part Flora Kit.

Dimensions: 2'2" W x 4'2" L x 2' H.

Please give me your thoughts & opinions about this system.

>*Will I be able to grow decently large plants with this system?
    >What else will I need to start growing?
    >VERY IMPORTANT***I 've been doing a lot of research on temperature control but can't find what I'm looking for. This is most likely gonna go in a walk-n closet.

***WHAT equipment do I need to maintain a different temperature in the closet than the rest of the house?? Money is not really an issue but I would like to save as much as i can but willing to dish out a little cash.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME MAKE THIS EASIER! This is really appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I don't think you'll have a problem, looks awesome in fact. Depending on your lightage, and how cold/hot your room is you can add insulating, and reflective boards. Otherwise, are you putting a carbon filter and/or fans in?

DIY Pro-Style Compact Carbon Filter/Scrubber >$50

Google cheap carbon filters though, you'll find lots with clearer instructions.

3. It will work but the plants can't be to big. For air control use a ventilator (1 that blows air from one side and sucks air from the other) combined with a filter (cost here 111 euro) and a ventilator for fresh air (put a dimmer on this one so you can choose the speed) total cost here about 190 euro = 225 dollar.

This wil take care of the smell (suck more air out then you blow in.

4. I have an 8 plant ebb and flow bucket. 5 inch pots works fine. I grow in a C22 cabinet Heat and order are going to be your biggest problem.

What is your lite source I have a 400 watt switchable.

Good Luck looks cool.

5. If you use a walkin closet and you can the the lite far away you can grow some good size plant. Get a inline fan I have a small one 210cfm about 250 us. and stick it on top of a carbon filter to make a scrubber. I am experimenting with an Ozone generator it seems to work ok but the filter knocks down most of the smell.

You might want to go larger on the filter and fan if you can.