To Re-Pot or not to Re-Pot (other noob questions)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SupaAPE, Nov 9, 2013.

1. #1 SupaAPE, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013
    Hello all. I'm finally getting close to starting my grow. There are a couple of things I still need clarified. Keep in mind i've been reading over the years but because of split opinions on certain matters, I'm asking you guys these questions.

Firstly, is it better for a first time grower to be Repotting or not? I've read people favoring both repotting...and then those other people just saying to get a large pot from the get go and not to bother with repotting because it can disrupt the plant negatively. 

Secondnly i'm using this  led grow light-----> http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics%C2%AE-TT-GL14-Fertilizers-Germinating-Growing/dp/B008MU049W/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

So I can just plug in the led and use it for all stages If im correct?

Thirdly, LED lights do not really need reflective materials placed in your growing space because LEDS are focused...true?

2. Easier for noobs to start in small pots and upcan..... its really not that big a deal to transplant.

Full spectrum then roll with it. Reflectivity cant hurt but dunno if its necessary; never grown LED's though.

3. I would say start small and pot up.
    beginners tend to overwater in a large pot, hard to judge. I don't know about LED's I rock the HPS
    Mj

from someplace on something

4. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

As mentioned the only reason not to start in the final pot is risk of over watering.

On the other hand some people screw up transplanting, and often over water in small pots as well.

5. Joker good point, but can you call yourself a grower if you don't know how to transplant?
    Mj.

6. I would say your just as much of a grower as someone that doesnt know how to water.

7. #7 SupaAPE, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
    Hey guys....what about the LED light cycle. I've tried finding some solid topics about this but I can't.

With the LED light I posted in my original link...what will my lighting cycle be like in all stages?

Thanks all

Edit: I've setup my grow box. I'm using a PC cardboard box. I've placed reflective aluminium foil all inside it. I made some cutouts and placed intake/outtake fans. The LED light seems good because it doesn't cause any heat to the foil at all. The MOFO is pretty bright too. 

8. For vedge at least 18 hours on.
    I go 24/0 myself.
    Flower 12/12
    Mj

9. The cycle wouldn't be any different than any other light unless you get into far red and UV.