To prune or not to prune

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by Shannon0731, Oct 24, 2018.

1. I'm a first timer. Got a sweet little feminized Skywalker about 16" tall and 2" wide. I topped it last week, and trimmed the MASSIVE fan leaves to allow air flow and they saw no light anymore. How much pruning should I do, when, and exactly what needs to be pruned? Some say don't, some say prune hell out of em. Thanks for the feed back

Sent from my SM-G892A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I am a fan (pun intended) of letting the leaves stay until they are dying. Only once they are clearly on the way out, do I help the plant.

I do prune the lower third or more, of the plant during the transitional weeks between vegetative and flowering.

Remember the large fan leaves are what get the power for the plant to grow. And leaves are able to do their thing even with indirect light.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I defoliate constantly throughout my grows. Definitely once a month on long vegs, before the flip and again after the stretch I’ll clean it up some more and lollipop the lower. A cannabis plant has more leaves than it needs and by cleaning out some of the older leaves, you can get light further down into the canopy. You will also help airflow around your colas and make your trim job at the end a lot more bearable.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you very much

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you very much...