To Prune Or Not To Prune

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RubyLemon, Sep 19, 2014.

1. So my friend thinks I should lose the lower set of leaves and transplant now.They're 20 days old I'm thinking I should leave em a bit longer. Until I can at least see root coming through the bottom. Have a look..let me know. Same kinda question for fimming or topping I think one or two more leaf sets...thoughts and tips please :)

Attached Files:

2. Definitely another couple sets of leaves before fimming or topping, and I certainly wouldn't be cutting anything off it either, she needs all those leaves to get bigger! the pot looks fairly small from the pics, so I would maybe look at transplanting soon, you might not see roots from underneath if they have decided to twirl around the inside first....but yeah, transplant I would recommend, cutting anything or topping anything, certainly not just yet. :)

3. Why would you trim the lower leaves off? They are like solar panels adding to photosynthesis.  Please, don't listen to your friend.

Your plan is solid.  Couple more sets to top, wait for roots to peek out the bottom for transplant. :smoking:

4. Oh yeah, wait a little bit. Looks like she needs more light too. I am a bit of an overkill in the lighting department though. 

5. I have a 400 watt MH on them right now. OK thanks for the reassurance I was second guessing myself. Uhg i just have them in solo cups cause I was having a fuck of a time finding nice square pots but I found some now so I'm stoked to use them in my next grow

6. #6 Mixted, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
    If you have a 400w mh it is enough for two plants, i veg under a 400w mh. You can top that young. On somthing plants I top after the first set of leaves.

How far is your light away from your plants. Under a 400w they should be able to stand on their own start to finish.

7. I just lowered them...bout a foot away now...i got 5 plants but I don't want really big plants. I want to order a tent too but god I can't decide what to get

8. They can stand on their own too they were just leaning a bit and it was making me crazy

9. I don't cut anything until flower and even then very little....other than that I pinch (not top) off the heads once or maybe twice in veg but that's it and only when matured.. I only get rid of what it wants to basically

10. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum