To prune or not to prune, that is the question.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Weatherman30, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Hello everyone,

So I have this dwarf auto going, and it's just now starting to flower. It's rediculously short. I started LST but realized it was to short for it to do anything. This strain is suppose to be super fast growing with harvests reported in as little as 8 weeks.

Now that it's starting to flower, should I trim any? This one area I'm not very familiar with. All the info I can google pretty much relates to larger plants, wasn't sure if I should follow general pruning advice for dwarf autos.

Other info:
    Strain; ultraviolet auto dwarf. (Feminized)
    36" tall grow tent
    3 55w 2700k cfl 11,000 lumen total.
    Soil with fox farm nutes (bloom)

Pics:
    IMG_5751.JPG IMG_5752.JPG

Thank you for all the help!

2. How long she been growing, what's your light schedule?

3. 1. Dont expect a harvest in 8 weeks numbers are bullshit in this game
    2. This plant looks pretty young for flowering
    3. Theres nothing to prune, pruning is for when your plant is tall and bushy and leaves are blocking flowering branches. Your plant dosnt even have branches yet.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I grew that bullshit last year. They are rooted under 24/7 lighting, so when you pull them from that enviornment and put it into natural sunlighting, they go into flower. 10 weeks later I harvested 3 (count em...three) fucking grams from my $10 clone. That sucked.

5. Thanks everyone for the responses.

She is growing under 18/6 light schedule.
    @Azznarda yeah I figured it would take longer, especially since im growing in soil. I do have another one going in a small hydro set-up. She's on week 10. Although there were some huge mistakes made all around with her so that's why I wasn't using her to guage harvest times.

I'll be lucky to get an eighth off the hydro one. I only kept her alive to continuing learning. I want to learn how to proper dry and cure from that plant so that I won't make mistake on the small soil one.

Thanks again for all the responses. I'll let her continue to grow unpruned until later on.

Any other advice is greatly appreciated.

6. Curing is easy. I just take a glass jar throw my dried nugs in them and close the lid and keep it in a drawer. Then I open it once a day every day until it smells different and not like cut grass

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  7. I' in a similar boat over here... first time ever growing, and I thought an auto would be the best for a newbie... my auto sour d flowered on day 31 at 3.5" lol. Unfortunately, I started her in a small pot unaware of an auto's sensitivity to transplant. Moved to 12" pot around day 14. I also had problems keeping the temp below 84f early on (no longer an issue), so I imagine the heat/transplant combo didn't help matters. Regardless, she has 6-8 bud sights. I don't anticipate a big yield, but a boy can dream...

Attached Files:

8. Max 5 grams dried, sry.