To flip or not to flip that is the question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 420207, May 3, 2017.

1. So I cut monster cropped clones on March 10th. They have been doing fantastic and are short but really bushy. They all went into 5 gallon pots 2 weeks ago. So basically been in veg for 7 weeks plus now. All showing pre flowering. Just wondering if I should let them go longer or flip now. I topped them about a week ago and took clones from them last night for the next batch. This is my first time cloning so would love to get some feed back. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. flip all of them now but 1 . why i say that is your best to keep a plant around to speed things up and if your clones fail for your next grow you can just get more right away and its best to keep the original plant .clone off it and not clone off a clone i do not want to get into to much into detail on this to start a major debate trust me on this . the plants will stretch about 2 times bigger so you may want to lolly pop after the first 2 weeks of 12/12 cut off the pop corn sites .

3. Depends on how much vertical space you have, what kind of yield you're looking for, if you have sufficient lighting, etc.

4. you could honestly let them go for a week or 2 and then flip but remember about the stretch period during first stages of bloom. so depending on the height of your tent and how close they can be to the light

5. Great feed back, thanks! Can anyone in a nut shell tell me why it is unadvisable to clone, clones? I had already started new seeds as well just in the event the clones didn't take. I had a 100% success rate on my first clones.

6. There's nothing wrong with cloning clones. I do it without an issue. I don't waste space and resources on keeping mother plants. This generation of plants supplies the clones for the next, so on and so forth. I couldnt even tell you what generation some of my plants are anymore.There used to be a belief that eventually the clones would produce issues, smaller crops, potency issues,etc but that's just not true. There's a few growing myths to watch out for.

7. You don't know the characteristics of the new seeds you popped. They could have all kind of possible issues including turning hermie.

The plants you've grown have known characteristics and a clone will be an exact copy that turns out near the same each time. That's the biggest advantage of clones. Cannabis seeds since they are such a variety of traits can vary wildly even between seeds from the same plant. Some may have sativa or indica traits. Not all strains are like this some seed lines produce very similar phenotypes. The point is seeds is rolling the dice and clones are a known outcome. Clones don't go bad over time either. I think that's a old wives tale. I know too many people who have cloned the same plants for 20 years.

8. Excellent response. I always thought clones of clones were the best way to grow as you always know what to expect. I cloned all 18 plants as the ones harvested are still curing. If I find a few I really like 3 round will be chosen more carefully. I can tell you the three strawberry kush plants were super full and very sticky:)