To everyone who grows...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by whos_gotherb311, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Ive got a few questions for you, if you dont mind.

1) How long have you been growing for?

2) Do you ever regret starting to grow, perhaps maybe because of expenses?

3) How much did it cost you to set up? Include how much you grow and why it might have cost so much (If you think it was expensive?)

4) Do you grow for your own personal use? Or do you sell? And if you do, do you make alot?

Sorry for poking in yalls nice buisiness, but im interested in started growing soon when i get my own place, which might not be so soon, but i wanna think everything through. I wanna grow enough to make some buisiness off of. I have absolutly no growing experience, but have read up alto about it.

2. Ive got a few questions for you, if you dont mind.

1) How long have you been growing for?

A. about 6 month (might be longer might be less lol)

A. No way do i regret it, it's gotta be the best hobby in the world and the most rewarding when harvest time comes.

3) How much did it cost you to set up? Include how much you grow and why it might have cost so much (If you think it was expensive?)

A. I've not really kept a tab on what i've spent but i would say it's around £700 quid, i could probably grow 8 small plants or 4 average sizied ones (3 foot). Some of the things i bought for my garden, 600 h.p.s, Fan, p.h pen, white paint, seeds, And some other things.

4) Do you grow for your own personal use? Or do you sell? And if you do, do you make alot?

A. I grow for personal use only.

Sorry for poking in yalls nice buisiness, but im interested in started growing soon when i get my own place, which might not be so soon, but i wanna think everything through. I wanna grow enough to make some buisiness off of. I have absolutly no growing experience, but have read up alto about it.

No problem i hope i helped a little if anything.

3. 1) Five months or so.

2) Not at all; the experience of growing has actually helped to alleviate my depression.

3) So far, I've spent about $500 USD on a basic soil op, including both a MH and HPS light systems. I will soon be setting up a bubbling bucket hydroponic system, after pricing everything out, it should cost about $150 USD for a three-plant system.

4) I grow just for personal stash, but I'll usually help my good friends out when they're frantically looking around town for a 10-sack or what not. For all intensive purposes, though, I'm just growing to save some money that I could be spending on other peoples' weed.

~Lycanthropy

4. 1. almost a year
    2.no regrets here all smiley faces!
    3.total i think ive spent somewhere around 600bucks, lights, soils, nutes, fans and other unexpected expenses.
    4. harvest ive been doing somwhere between 5-6 oz offof 2 harvest
    i grow for personal. i cant afford to buy dank all the time ill smoke middies, but i prefer dank. growing it, i save money, the time and headache. it keeps me safe also from having to involve myself with dealers. getting to old for that cloak and dagger shit. on occasion i will exchange money for weed. im not a dealr & if you want what i have, ill charge what i think its worth, and control the amount that will be sold, ie i would only part with 15 grams at a time and 150 bucks per 15 grams.

5. Approximately 17 years.
    I have absolutely no regrets.
    I traded an oz of solid (value about £40) for 2 hps lamps,I paid £50 for 18 good quality seeds from a top Dutch grower.
    My first grow box was made of recycled junk so cost me nothing except the time to build it.
    I now grow and sell so I do it for both enjoyment and profit.
    How much I make depends on how much I grow,I sell about a kilo a month and I use about 8 to 12 oz in the same period of time.

6. U use 8 to 12 oz in a month..???? Holy shit, you must be smokin' a shit load!...

7. Thanks for all the replies guys I appreciate it. Getting equipment is expensive! damn. But I think it would be worth it. I wanna grow to sell, and be able to smoke for free. I was thinking of growing in a closet like scenerio. Maybe 5 plants of some good shit. I saw on a seed site 'super silver haze' which is a skunk, northern lights, haze mix. Sounded pretty good to me. How much is usually yielded from one plant? Like a well grown, well taken care of plant. In dry weight. Would it take more than one HPS light to grow properly? And how much of an increase should i expect in the electricity bill?

8. all that depends on what youre willing to put in. you dont have to buy everything at once. you can do things in stages. when you start to veg, and if you want a return in your investment, you can easily get away with spending less than 40 bucks for a good veg setup. i would recommend lookin into twistie floros, or even 2 48 in shop lights ballast . either way, its a good start to veg with, granted you keep the lights close enough. for 5-6 weeks you can use these. during that time, scramble and hustle to get the big light (hps) i would aim for a 400 watt hps. if you cant get that one, i would go atleast 250. the 400 maybe a lil pricey, but believe me, your first harvest can pay for everything and leave you still with a nice amount of personal...all this is upon condition you pull your part with taking care of the plants.

9. I have been tokin 25 years and I smoke joints at the same rate that a lot of people smoke cigs,I smoke a minimum of 20 joints a day every day.It's been that way for the last 5 years at least.What the hell I'm trying my hardest to be the first person to overdose on ganja,not possible I hear you say but it won't stop me trying. lol

10. 20 joints a day! thats a lot man,
    I'd smoke like 10-12 joints a day and i thought that was bad,
    LOL, u probably are gonna be the first to overdose on it!
    Your system must have built a huge tolerance to Thc,
    it must take a good few joints before you feel stoned!
    Its a vicious circle like that, the more you smoke the harder it gets to get high,Its a question of quantity or quality really?
    I know cannabis isnt physically addictive, but that doesnt mean it cant become addictive,Smoking is just a habit really, something that becomes more and more repetitive without even realising it,Its part of your lifestyle......
    MAn Im soooo Stoned!
    I could keep blabbing on for hours....
    Lol im gonna get sum sleep!!!
    CWL

11. actually there has been someone to OD on weed. It was said he smoked 3 joints a day for like 20 years. Theres threads about it here somewhere.

How much do HPS lights cost? for a 400 watt one. Would i need more than one for 5 plants? I could grow them pretty close together. Take in mind i want to be growing quality bud. The kind that sells for 50-60 an eigth. I still have time to save for my operation. I plan on saving alot within the next year, which probably how long it will be until i start growing. Im just planning ahead of time, but theres a chance ill be able to start sooner. But the plants will be one of my top priorites when I start. They cant be that much maintenance, can they? Care everyday, which will be possible, and making sure they get addequiate light water and neutrients. Could anyone answer the other questions i had in the reply before this one?

13. guess i shouldnt beleive everything I read, especially on grass city. lol.

14. I've read in a few pot magazines about pot related deaths. I've heard that one guy smoked out the cab of a little pickup truck. He apparently smoke like a half or something in their with it all sealed up or whatever, fell asleep and died of co2 poisoning. Does that seem realistic? No, but I heard it.

The other death I heard about was indirectly related to the use of mj. Apparently some dude freaked when he got pulled over and tried to eat his pot (bag and all) before the cop got up to his vehicle. He supposedly choked to death on the plastic. Does that seem realisitic? Not really, but I know for sure felons don't want to violate parole and go to back prison, so it might of happened.

In short, who knows?

15. Oh yeah go to insidesun.com and check out there 400's. I know they have some cheap ones with refurbished ballast. I think they're like 150 or something and 1000 watters are like 225 or something... real good deals anyways.

16. There are many ways to die indirectly from cannabis,
    The guy in the truck died because he left the engine running and the exhaust fumes were circulated in the cab by the ventilation,Fairly common cause of death actually.But it wasnt cannabis that killed him, just exhaust fumes!
    To this day there are no deaths DIRECTLY related to cannabis!
    You could easily choke to death trying to swallow ure stash but u could easily choke to death swallowing anything really!
    Just my 2 cents anywayz,
    CWL

17. Just started growing outdoors, 2months, 5 healthy plants so far.
    If you have the money for the lights etc etc etc. to grow indoors and the space then do it, it will pay off in the end.

Why make some other asshole rich when you can do it yourself. Refuse to pay your taxes on anything other than what you buy, not off what you make.

Personally i'm thinkin about gettin a divorce so i can go back to my old ways. If i knew then what i know now!

18. you could go with the refurb from inside sun. i personally dont like how they look. its one ugly lamp, but it does the job. running that amount of wattage on a refurbished ballast kinda scares me, so that option for me was out. youll spend atleat 250 usd for a 400watt hps. a 250 is not much cheaper. so, youd prolly be best going with the 400. growing quality budz that sell for 50-60th an eigth can be done. but it does take some working with. ive been growing for about almost a year and i wouldnt price my shit that much. i feel i havent attained it yet.

19. is this the one your talking about?

http://www.insidesun.com/index.php?action=item&id=144

i saw in soemones grow journal they were using ligths like these? apparntly they have these on specials, a 1000 watt for only 55 bucks. How much of an increase ni the electric bill would you expect when using a light like this?

20. 1) How long have you been growing for?

est:1984
    but havent had grow every year

never, not even when iv been busted for it.
    its the only hobby iv ever held down for more than a few months.

cant remember, but im starting from scrach again now and im expecting it to have cost around £600 by the time i harvest.
    i hope this setup will yeald around 2oz a week minimum, not a lot i know but im lazy and i do have a job to go to.

4) Do you grow for your own personal use? Or do you sell?

both.