to clean, or to not to clean...

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by fakesister, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Hello, stoners : )

So, I have owned a sweet two chamber bubbler for about 3 months now, and it is the best piece I have ever had. I love it....and although it is was not made to be a color changer, the resin having built up over time has made the once clear spots an awesome purple pattern that I love. But....the resin has gotten incredibly nasty inside the piece, so I was wondering that if I clean it out (alcohol and salt is how I've always done it with my other pieces), will it take away its color-changing abilities!?
    Thank you, may the groovy vibes be with you: )

2. Hello Sister,

its totally safe to clean your piece, it will not damage the glass in any way.
    What you noticed is your bubbler's Fuming..
    if you put it up towards let you will see your bubbler in one color set and if you were to lay it against a black t-shirt you would see what other colors are present.

When resin builds up it acts as a background(like the black t-shirt) when its gone you will just see your bubbler clean. when you use it again you will notice the color changing again.

have fun.

3. ^ What he said. But, it sounds like you want to keep some of it as you like the color. I have heard that if you use simple green or some other non-alcohol based cleaner that some of the color stays but idk. Hope this helps

4. The glass isn't really changing colors, the tar/resin is just adding a background that makes them stick out.

Cleaning all the resin out won't do anything to the colors, they'll still be there, you just won't be able to see them as clearly until you get it dirty again.

5. SALT&ISO = CLEAN

You got dis' on lock gurl.