To Bong or not to Bong, thats the question.

Discussion in 'General' started by Waldekvilvoorde, Mar 16, 2014.

1. My best, fellow smokers. I will tell you a story about myself, someone who struggels with himself and who seeks guidance before proceding in life.First of all, I know this forum is crowded with different nationalities and I just want to say to everyone : Love and live your life, it's a shame I can't meet y'all and chill with y'all. So therefor, enjoy your life, it's a onetimer ;) Spread love until everybody can feel it. But enough of this hippy-feel good stuff. Now the real reason why I started this post :I'm 19 years old, studying for film in Ghent in Belgium. I am a normal boy, not a weirdo , I have a lot of friends and I cannot say the girls don't like me. But I started smoking weed when I was around 16 years old. When I was 18, and started to attend university, I started living on my own in Ghent (I live actually around Brussels). I was happy to get that freedom of my parents, just free to live my live and study my passion. But this studentlife made smoking weed a daily habit. I'm smoking daily for about 1, 5 year. I dont really have negative side-effects as paranoia or shit. But I'm just not happy with myself being dependent on it. I want to get rid of foggy mindset, depressed mood-changes, and lazyness.Last week I tried 1 bonghit every evening. The difference was incredible (I love to wake and bake, especially bongs), in the day I felt sober, clear , energetic and I could look forward to the evening, to my moment of rest and meditation. But because the people around me also smoke and don't really wanna cut down their use, I sometimes cross the border of smoking more bonghits. I study in the artsector, so a headrush is kinda a part of the lifestyle of the artist.But because my smoking has become a part of my daily life, I forgot how to live without it. But still, I love weed and I believe it is acceptable to smoke a bit, just as relaxation. Like going for a beer with a friend. But I'm just looking for regulate basis for hitting my bong. Maybe once every evening is still too much , and will it still effect my mood/creativity/lazyness? I'm just looking for a "bong-diet", so I can live my life, be busy with the REAL things in life without weed being a big part of it. But still,I'd like to have my little moments with my green friend, you know? Just to give my soul a high without feeling to guilty about mental and physical effect of weed on the body and mind because i'm following a regulated use that hardly affects my life,mood,social life etc.So that's about it, I'm sorry for maybe weird english sentence constructions but it's not really my motherlanguage so yeah :pI already like to thank you guys for reading, and please help me. Give me a plan I can stick to it. Because this frustration is unnecessary and makes all my other worries twice as hard.Much loveWaldek

2. I'd also like to add that I need to write my own movies for school and for later on in my life, so that's also a reason I'd like to keep my mind fresh and clear most of the time. Weed can give creative boosts, but not when your a daily smoker. I build up a strong tolerance, so I only bong because bonging is the only high that satisfies me. I also think when I'll cut down my use, loose some tolerance, smoke on healthy, acceptable basis, the creative boosts and good highs will come back. Love

3. I think you already got it.  Smoking at the end of the day is nice.  Throughout your day your head is clear and you can likely make better decisions.  Really its all up to you, many people smoke throughout the entire day and can function fine.  Tough about the friends thing but not like you need to rip the bong every time they do.

4. I know what you mean dude, when you begin to smoke more than once every day your mind begins to get a bit cloudy and what not. I think the idea of smoking in the evening is a pretty good one but even then you're still smoking once every day. If you'd like to keep the smoking to a minimal and use it for meditation type purposes than I would recommend smoking in the evening particularly after a long day.

If you're feeling run down or just need some time to really relax, wait until the evening and take a hit or two. If you're day went well and you feel fine, don't trick yourself into thinking you need a hit. Moderation is good when it comes to smoking, you can enjoy it more and kind of use it as a reward system. Happy smoking  :smoke: