To be happy

Discussion in 'General' started by jeremiahweed28, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Has anybody else realised how sad it is, that in our society today, to be happy, and I mean truly happy, we have to rely on mind altering drugs to do that for us.

if you read this and dont relate, then you probably still live with your parents, who take care of all your problems, bills, schooling and LIFE for you.

Life sucks, and the herb is just one way to make it easier. Now, i'm not sayin you should just not do anything with your life exept smoke, but it just makes me wonder if there is a way to be truly happy without drugs.

Love is one way that i have found. being in love can be the happiest time in your life.
    I also found out that marijuana wont cheat on you and leave you for someone else. having said that, marijuana is what makes me truly happy. Its sad that it takes a drug to do that but, thats just me.

2. [​IMG]

Theres got to be plenty of ways to live a happy life without the influence of drugs. But, they certainly make it easier.

3. masturbation

4. There are a lot of things in my life I do to be happy. Including using mind-altering substances. And my life does NOT suck. I'm extremely happy. I'm 22 years old, and I've been living on my own and paying for myself since I was almost 17.

It's not a bad thing if it makes you happy. Happiness is relative.

5. Its easy man...but you gotta rid yourself of the hate first. Then you will be able to see.

6. i could go into detail about the bullshit ive been through, but im not gonna.
    im just gonna say mj is possibly the only reason im still here.
    so yeah i relate to the mind altering drugs to make us happy thing.
    but ive seen people that dont do anything, completely straight edge and they love life.
    so theres gotta be other ways. maybe i should ask one of those people.

7. wow, if pot is the ONLY thing in youre life that brings any sort of smile to youre face, then dear god sir, i feel sorry for you!

8. #8 chronicman00, Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2008
    I see what your trying to say i actually sort of agree. later on in life when your older if you go with society your just living in a house and making money. Unless you leave society I dont think one can truly be happy. I wanna go explore the world someday and leave this shit hole. Why do you think all the hippies rebelled and didnt want to grow up and be their parents? because they realized how fucked up this country is.

9. Man, sounds like what's been going on in my life. :)

10. i don't need drugs or weed to have fun, they just make the fun more fun.

11. or mind altering religion.

12. This is one of the reasons I want try LSD so bad. I want to be able to see life and enjoy it for what it really is rather than depending on marijuana to make me content. Although I'm very prone to using drugs to escape the troubles of life, considering 90% of my family has been addicted to one substance or another, I can honestly say I've got the willpower it takes to know the difference between having a little fun and just trying to escape. Using drugs to cope with life isn't going to make it all better.

13. Depending on marijuana? Well, what about depending on acid? I think it's possible to be hooked, even if it be in the form of monthly use. Could be more if you really can't take your ordinary reality.

14. I find happiness to be a perspective on life. I could live the rest of my life perfectly content without any type of drugs, because I've used my previous time on drugs to develop my personality into one that is ready to deal with whatever the future may hold for me. I'm still young and trying to figure out which direction to take my life, but I'm confident I'll be able to find contentness whereever I end up.

Over the last few years, I've really become amazed with the entire cannabis plant. I love it, and I hope it's a hobby I'll be able to practice and learn about for as long as possible. After my recent series of lung collapses and surgery, I realized that I may not be able to use it in the ways I used to (if at all sometimes) but it's alright.

Whenever you find yourself struggling, just take a look around you. Take a look at your life, find what you don't like. Change what you can, and learn to be content with the rest. It's all about perspective and looking at the big picture in life.