To Autoflower or not to autoflower? That is MY question.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by rudeboy6366, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Well hello again everyone,

First off i'd like to start with my question about what I've got going now.
    My very awesome neighbor saved the season with a few clones he gave me, He's not too sure what the strain is (most older people around here don't seem to give a shit lol) but from what he described they sound like auto-flowers to me, he says they'll be done middle of July/august yielding roughly a QP each. That's all fine and dandy if they are but heres my main question, is there anyway to force them back to being photosensitive to increase my harvest? Will Leaving them out longer make them more potent or am i just risking mold & other Atrocities? It would be wonderful if they finished a little earlier cause all the rippers around here don't usually start till the middle of September so if i got a leg up on them that's awesome.

My second question is this; does anyone have any recommendations on a few auto-flower strains that i can start this late into the season and still have a strong finish going into the fall/September?

Any suggestions for a few strains i can do next year to get two crops? one to start early and one to start late? the bitch of it all is we get cold winters and hot summers here, sometimes we're lucky enough to have amazing weather all the way through or sometimes it can go from one extreme to the other in just a couple of months.

Anyways enough of that long windedness

Thanks guys! :)

RB

2. You can't clone an autoflower man. So its probably already photo sensitive strain bud. And autos produce about a half oz each.
    Sorry I can't be more help but I can at least tell ya It's not a clone of an auto. Good luck with your grow.

3. Most auto flowers will be good by the time you said

4. iT MIGHT HAVE AUTO MIXED IN IT SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE, BUT AUTOS DON'T YEILD A QP, BUT IT IS PROLLY A GOOD EARLY FLOWERING STRAIN. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR GROW,PEACE

5. This is my first year growing auto flowering strains and I have two Afghan Kush Ryder's going right now. I absolutely love this strain, they're 32 days old, over 2 feet tall and probably 16-18 inches wide. They starting flowering at 24 days old and they're just throwing out pistils, good leaf and bud spot development.

Happy growing! :smoke:

6. [quote name='"M3DICIN3MAN420"']You can't clone an autoflower man. So its probably already photo sensitive strain bud. And autos produce about a half oz each.
    Sorry I can't be more help but I can at least tell ya It's not a clone of an auto. Good luck with your grow.[/quote]

Not saying your wrong but I thought the same but after some research I've discovered that it's not an impossibility, at least According to some people, that's what brought me to ask, thanks for the quick response though!

7. [quote name='"Jahlovepeace"']This is my first year growing auto flowering strains and I have two Afghan Kush Ryder's going right now. I absolutely love this strain, they're 32 days old, over 2 feet tall and probably 16-18 inches wide. They starting flowering at 24 days old and they're just throwing out pistils, good leaf and bud spot development.

Happy growing! :smoke:[/quote]

Where in Canada you located bro, I've had a few people I know try kush to no avail, mind you it probably wasn't autoflowering so that didn't help, Glad to hear everything is going well though!

8. [quote name='"D-Dog"']iT MIGHT HAVE AUTO MIXED IN IT SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE, BUT AUTOS DON'T YEILD A QP, BUT IT IS PROLLY A GOOD EARLY FLOWERING STRAIN. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR GROW,PEACE[/quote]

You've probably got a lot more experience than I when it comes to this but most breeders say that you can get up to a qp, sometimes more depending on the strain, don't know of its true but if not then it's not Gunna yeild that much it's not worth my time unfortunately

9. I heard anywhere from 1-4 ounces depening on many factors for autos but more then a half unless your using really shitting lighting

10. [quote name='"Ftsk515"']I heard anywhere from 1-4 ounces depening on many factors for autos but more then a half unless your using really shitting lighting[/quote]

I've got a decent little starter light but other than that it's all outdoor

11. i hope to grow my auto flowers too nirvana northern lights..

not to be a negative nancy but i doubt u will get more than 30 grams per plant.

12. [quote name='"nawky"']i hope to grow my auto flowers too nirvana northern lights..

not to be a negative nancy but i doubt u will get more than 30 grams per plant.[/quote]

The 5 I have going now I have no idea what they are, I'm just going off what the guy who gave them too me said, I would've liked to have started from seed but we just moved into this place at the beginning of last month and wanted to scope it out first, next year I'll be in total control of the situation, I'll keep everyone posted on how these suckers turn out along with my random Jamacian plants

13. [quote name='"nawky"']i hope to grow my auto flowers too nirvana northern lights..

not to be a negative nancy but i doubt u will get more than 30 grams per plant.[/quote]

Ha ha ha I just ordered those :D NL is by far some of my favorite bud, there's more potent and much different stuff out there but nothing as reliable to me as nl

14. [quote name='"rudeboy6366"']

Ha ha ha I just ordered those :D NL is by far some of my favorite bud, there's more potent and much different stuff out there but nothing as reliable to me as nl[/quote]

A couple years ago most of what we got around here was NL or some variant, now it seems to have all disappeared and I'm lucky to find it once a year

15. If you're growing outdoors man I'd stay away from the auto flower, I grew nirvana northern lights outdoors and its starting to flower on day 25 and its like 5 inches tall..

16. soil and fertilizer??

is there much shade or much sun light?

17. Fox farms Ocean forest soil under the texas sun no shade!