Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

To ask, or not to ask?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CoccoPuffz, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Well hears the deal, i currently live at home with my dad. My dad doesn't care that i smoke he just says not to smoke in the house. Hes a pretty chill guy doesn't get mad a lot and i'm pretty sure he still tokes (found some papes while i was looking for some tools). And i've been wanting to grow for a while now so i dont have to spend too much money on herb, and i found a efficient D.I.Y stealth growbox. I'm thinking of asking him if i could grow a couple of plants, maybe like 3 or 4. I dont know how he feels about me growing it but i do have a legitimate reason. Hes always telling me not to spend too much on it. '

So my question for you GC is:
    What do you think i should do? ask and see what he says or just wait a bit?
    Thanks GC!

Pretty stoned from some bubblegum kush:smoke::smoke:

2. it seems like something you could easily explain the reasoning for, i say why not

3. tell him you understand the risks and are willing to take full responsibilty if anything should happen.

4. seems like he wouldnt mind

5. Subtly ask him his opinions on growing small amounts at home for personal use, and if he would allow you to do it, or better yet even help you lol. Even if he says no, it's better to ask then do it and lose your priveleges.

6. Okay, i've decided im going to ask him what he thinks. But first im going to make a list of pros and cons to help him understand what im trying to say. I've been thinking about it for a long time but i just dont know how to approach him with the question. any thoughts?

7. i think the simplest way would be to do like you said, say how he said to not spend as much money on it

and say that this way you dont have to associate with drug dealers

8. #8 CoccoPuffz, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2010
    Okay well i made my list....kinda seems one-sided

heres what i got so far

Pros l Cons
    -Save money l what cons are there? 0.o
    -Dont deal with dealers
    -Personal use only
    -Stealth box
    -Smell-less growth
    -Cheap to make
    -Only 2-3 plants

Also i know that its illegal so that should be a con, but we all know that =p

9. Botany is also a very lucrative skill to obtain. :smoke:

10. A possible con could be: You can get a felony for growing.

11. Well seems like he would probably be open to the idea, but if he doesn't want you smoking in the house then he might not want you growing in it either. But if he only doesn't like it in the house because of the smell, just thoroughly explain your odor control strategy for the plants and maybe he'd be open to the idea.

12. he probly grows his own stuff lol

13. Well, i live in Canada, Ontario. I don't know the law exactly but i think you would need more plants in order for it to be a felony.

14. It's illegal in Canada, you can get arrested for growing, and they will pin you for numerous things, however, you're growing a couple plants for personal use, so you probably won't get caught anyways. I'd say ask him if he still smokes as well :p. Just let us know how everything goes!

15. If he won't let you do it in the house... Spring is far enough away to read up real good on outdoor growing techniques

16. Alright i'm going to ask him tomorrow, hopefully things turn out nice and dandy:smoke:

I've also added a few thing to the list of pros such as:

-Undetectable
    -Can fit in my room and be hidden well

17. Things should go smoothly my friend. You've done your research, considered the consequences, and are presenting him with the pros and cons and he will probably respect you for it man. Good luck

18. Mann, +rep ur making me feel so confident :hello:

19. No problem man, that's what the city's all about.