To anyone that knows alot about car speaker sytems

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by LEBOWSKItheBIG, Jul 7, 2010.

1. I had a subwoofer hooked up and working and then it was jacked out of my car. It was pretty pricey to get everything installed the first time and the cords to the first one are still in my trunk all hooked up to the dash or whatever. Do you know how much it would be to get a new one and would I be able to install it myself fairly easily. Thanks

2. Ah fck this forum board, I just typed up like 2 paragraphs and it says page cannot be found and it deletes everything when I clicked back.

In short- setup itself anywhere from 200-1000 depending on quality. easy to connect, just hook terminal wires to the sub box since everything is already installed in the car itself.

3. interesting question, i would like to know teh answer as well

but how the fuck does one steal a sub. unless you live in the ghettooo!

4. smash the window, jank the wires, throw that shit in a truck.

5. If he just took the amp and subs then he probably left the power wires, speakers alone and all you have to do is just plug in a new amp and sub.

...and quit showing it off to friends, it's hard, and keep it quiet around your house.

6. I agree with that.

Yeah it shouldn't be hard since the wires are still there. There's a lot of guides online about it; so after you get your new shit, if your confused just do some google'n.

7. thanks guys and I have one more question. I'm thinking about getting 2 this time. Would both of them hook up to the previous wires together or would I have to install new wires for the 2nd one

8. did you have 2 subs previously? What was all taken out of your car? How much power are you looking to run? What kind of power wire are you using? (6 gauge, 4, 0, etc.) What's your budget?

you can get your shit installed by someone who knows what they're doing for cheap.. it's really not that difficult. Just make a post on craigslist saying you need some car audio stuff hooked up and you'll pay $30 or so. That is, if you don't have anyone you actually know that can hook it up.

also, you may want to look into car alarms. Either that or take any stickers you may have off that could reveal you have subs. And if you have an SUV, get some kind of towel or blanket to cover your subs/box.

boom

9. I only had one sub previously. The sub and amp were taken out of my car. I'll take a picture of the wires in my trunk if that can help. Are the 2 subs run through the same wire or seperate?

10. did they steal any of the following:
    rca wires
    battery wire
    power wire
    remote wire

if not all you need is a new amp and whatever subs you want.
    if you wanna pound id suggest the type-r alpine 12 dual voice 4 ohm.
    wired down to 2 ohm with a v-power alpine mrp1000 amp also at 2 ohm stable. which pushes 1000 rms and 3000 max.
    or a 12" type X dual voice 4 ohm, wired to 2 ohm with the same amp. the type x is recommended 1000 rms and 3000w max so that amp would be perfect

*first hand experience; installed a type x 12" with the v-powered 1000w alpine amp and it fuckin POUNDS.