To anyone celebrating Bin Laden's death..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FuckSteveHarvey, May 3, 2011.

1. Was he a terrorist? The way of his world was killing. I like bringing in a quote from the movie black hawk down.

"Do you think if you get General Aidid, we will simply put down our weapons and adopt American democracy? That the killing will stop? We know this. Without victory, there will be no peace. There will always be killing, see? This is how things are in our world."

Of course killing is not right, but how would you expect an extremists who's WHOLE life from birth was based a certain way around war to react when another country intervenes.

Think about what if China came to the US, and forced us to adopt Chinese ways. What would you do? What would our country do? IMO i believe the US would attack China and send a message, let China know we arent going to be pushed around. Maybe this is what AL-Qaeda was doing, how can we demonize a group that very few Americans in the world have a first hand view of. We cant, its not logical. Yet we did it anyway and thats where terrorist comes from. But in my mind standing up for your only known way of life is not being a terrorist. This is how the world works, you bully someone or try to force your way of life on someone and you will be attacked eventually. Look at columbine.

Now im not saying Bin Laden was a good man, he had some twisted forms of punishment but i understand 100 percent why he would want to attack the US because its the same thing we would do.

2. I agree with you. He gave up his riches and wealth to live a life the way he wanted, and believed was the right way to live. Like I said, if he didn't live like this, he could have been a great ruler, or a great mind. I respect the man on an intellectual level. I still remember when I was in elementary school, I would write a few papers about him. Not for school, but just in general. The man just intrigued me. I could only imagine what interviewing him would be like.

3. I see where you're coming from. IMO, his death means a lot, and that is holding true with every passing day (with all the intel they have gotten and are slowly releasing).

I understand why people were celebrating when they learned of his death. I felt like celebrating. It wasn't about celebrating the death of someone. It was a big relief felt. When I learned of the news via Facebook (the ultimate resource), that day (9/11) played through my head. I remember my homeroom class at 8 AM, in the fifth grade, starting out with 23 kids, and going down to 12 by lunch time. Parents picked me up while I was eating lunch. Seeing that stuff live on TV. And that is NOTHING compared to the people who witnessed it live and person and actually lost loved ones. So, I understand the celebration, especially from the youth my age. OBL was like a dark cloud the loomed over our teen years. I was too young to remember how flying was before 9/11, pre-groping.

And really, OBL didn't care how many Americans he killed. He wanted to bring down our economy. With his terrorist math, he estimated we'd spend over a trillion dollars in securities after the attack (Rachel Maddow has a good clip on this). Money that we would have spent at home. And we did if you include the two wars. Now that he is dead, we can begin bringing troops home in bigger numbers than anticipated, and poor those billions we are putting overseas, back into education projects, infrastructure projects, etc. We don't need an army to kill a few terrorist leadrrs. We just need the badass Navy SEALs special ops team. And yeah, Iraq was a pointless war that had absolutely nothing to do with the terrorist attacks, but nothing we can do about that now.

Pakistan definitely knew, too. No way he could hide near their Westpoint and go completely undetected by them. And they want to get mad that we went into their country and killed him. If an American committed terrorist attacs in Pakistan, and they came into our country and killed him, I'd simply turn the other way. It's what other countries that have suffered attacks from OBL (England, Spain, etc.), have done.

4. You made this too east, addressing the points in order of the bold.

1. This is plan ridiculous. It is blatantly obvious they have changed the story a good 5 or 6 times. From the moment and i mean from the moment i heard news he was dead i had the news stations on 24/7. I personally heard at least 2 different CONFIRMED and ill bold that CONFIRMED stories of how he had died. First he was killed by a predator drone after Obama had a tip off that he was in a Pakistani compound. Second i heard that a Navy Seals team went in and killed him after years worth of planning when a Taliban official let it slip in Guantanamo that he was in Pakistan with his Courier. And those were just on his death. Next I heard the compound had NO ELECTRICITY, no computers, no phone lines. Then i heard we gathered an undisclosed amount of valuable hardware. Next i hear a firefight ensued, but wait 10 min before that i heard another story where he was unarmed. Me being able to write a paragraph just on CONFIRMED stories that contradict themselves should tell you that we are not being told the truth. If you think logically.

2. Once again uneducated. I would like you to find me a piece of evidence that Bin Laden was responsible for 9/11. Because ill refer to the American Justice System. What happens when the police know for a fact you committed a crime? You are indicted on charges for said crime and the evidence is presented. OBL was NEVER and since ive had to say this about 3 times in this thread alone i will capitalize, underline it, italicize it and bold it for you so you cannot miss it. OSAMA BIN LADEN WAS NEVER INDICTED ON ANY CHARGES RELATED TO 9/11. The only evidence ever seen that linked OBL to 9/11 was a video where he claimed to be responsible. There is a few problems with said video.

Pentagon release possible fake Bin Laden home video | The Economic Voice

Former CIA Officials Admit To Faking Bin Laden Video

It has practically been proved fake.

3. If you really think this ends the war on terror you are crazy. This war was never about Osama and you clearly state that in your post. So why would this war end? Obama said it himself someone is going to step in and take his place and there will most likely be retaliation. So you pretty much contradicted yourself there. How can you say why Osama did what he did unless you were close to him. He never stated why he did it if he did and if you think about it he did not personally kill any Americans when there is no evidence he was responsible for 9/11.

4. And your whole post just went down the drain. You yourself just agreed that the War had nothing to do with the attacks. Well then you will also agree that the government has lied to us for the past 10 years then because ill tell you one thing the ONE objective in Iraq was to CAPTURE top Al-Qaeda officials and PREVENT attacks like 9/11 in the future. But we did not do that in Iraq, we simply instigate what could turn into the next world war, 3rd world against New world. Cause i guarantee you cannot give me any solid evidence that we did good over there.

Afghanistan satellite internet - military locations in Afghanistan where internet service is available

Lets overlay a map of US bases in Iraq on a map of Iraqi oil fields - Democratic Underground

This war was about oil and money the whole time, its pretty obvious. Any war the US has ever been in has boosted the Economy and this shall do the same.

Controlling a country does no good, its like putting Gum on a leak. Sure it will stop it temporarily but in the long run the gum will wear down and the leak will continue.

Im really sick of posting the same thing to people who are ignorant and dont see signs that are in front of their face. I attacked to you and i hope you question your reasoning and opinions cuz they are wrong unfortunetly.

5. #105 Trae713, May 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2011
    Wow man, you must really love conspiracies. Can't have a discusision without bashing and insulting the other side. I've seen this a lot with the conspiracy people.

Not sure where you "heard" a lot of what you're saying. Did not see a single report that said the house had no computers (it didn't have internet though). Not once did I see a report saying the house had no electricity, nor did any reports say they used telephones. They had cell phones, but those were only used miles and miles away from the compound and turned off once near it. It'd be nice if you'd stop making stuff up. Where did you hear he was killed by a drone? If you watched Obama's first speech, he said it then that a special ops team killed Osama. You do realize that if he was kiled by a drone strike, that the house would not be standing, right?

You posted a paragraph on a bunch of made up BS, that I've never heard before. You definitely misunderstood what you "heard". And I take the bumbling of stories by the WH as them trying to get the truth out, but they did it too fast. Better than the carefully coordinated lies from the Bush Administration. And anyone with an ounce of military knowledge would know that stories after any battle/conflict are never right from the beginning. Hell, crime scene investigators and homicide detectives will tell you the exact same thing.

Please. He wasn't indicted, therefore he didn't do it? Sad that Osama is gone? From the videos of him saying he did it, from his audio recordings, etc., yet you still don't think he did it? Self-admittence isn't enough?

ARE YOU SERIOUS? I was clearly talking about the War in Iraq. You're talking about the overall, Bush-named "War on Terror". So, I'll say it again, the Iraq War was never about Osama, and was the war the Bush Admin got us into, because Saddam messed with daddy. And how can I say that? Well, because HE fucking said it. He predicted himself how much we'd spend on security after the attacks. Go look up the clip I posted in my post. There has been a recurring problem in your response to me so far...you don't read the post you're quoting. Lets see if it continues...

Looks like the Bush Admin had you fooled, too. FYI, Al Qaeda and the terrorists were never in Iraq. They only came once US forces came, and that was to kill US soldiers. Al Qaeda and Saddam did not like each other. In fact, Saddam was scared of them. They were always in Afghanistan and Pakistan (growing base in Yemen that the new intel from OBL's compound is helping to stop the growth there). Not sure how my post went down the drain there.

The War in Iraq was all about money and getting Bush's children's children's children's children set for life. I'm not denying that and said it in my first post. That's the place where we need to leave immediately. The CIA even said there was no strong evidence that Saddam had WMD's. Even if he did, he wasn't going to use them on America. Bush was successful in swaying Congress and the public into thinking that though.

And no, war does not always boost our economy. Look at how much we are spending in Iraq and Afghanistan and imagine how much better our economy would be if that was spent at home instead. And my opinions aren't wrong. You just need to learn how to read posts correctly before trying to dissect them and make yourself sound so knowledgeable about the subject. You clearly aren't. I wish I was on a computer, so I could further disprove your post, but this will have to do.

6. I feel the same way about Hitler. :rolleyes: It was all those OTHER Germans that did the nasty things. :rolleyes:

7. Aside from the sarcastic posts by some members it's instructive to find that there are people who unabashedly boast of being admirers of him.

8. It did perk up my day to hear that the bastard took a bullet to the head.
    As far as not being armed, well he should have armed himself after he killed all those americans.
    It saved the taxpayers all that time and money of trying him in a court when everyone and his momma knew he did it. Hell, he bragged about it. I guess he wasn't bragging when those SEALs kicked in the door.

9. Ignore them. They're just being ignorant. In reality, OBL most likely hated the lifestyles of all those posters and if he had his way, he would have cut their infidel heads off.

10. You think he'd use a dull knife and record it like they did that Jewish guy because.....he was Jewish?

11. Religous fanatics like bin laden and his allies will gladly kill their own people to further their insane, power-hungry agendas, which they do every single day, so of course they'd savagly torture and all infidels. They'd prefer to have nukes, so that they could really go to town with destroying those who are not about to accept their rule. This is why they must be stomped out, ASAP.

12. You bet. He'd put it on Youtube and laugh at the fuckers while they died. And why would he be laughing? Because he sees that they are a bunch of misguided liberals who have no clue about the motives behind some people. In all likelyhood, those misguided liberals would hand the knife to OBL.

13. You know its funny, I bet the "Religious Fanatics" feel pretty much the same way about America and its allies. What a concept.

:hippie:

14. Sometimes the only solution is to just shoot the fuckers in the head.

15. You know its funny, because they feel pretty much the exact same way about us. Go figure.

16. The world would be a better place if every aggressor just shot themselves in the head, first.

17. I agree. Thats why you shoot them first because you're not going to talk them out of it.

18. Preventive war is like suicide out of fear of death.

19. Preemptive strikes are a logical step when confronted with an adversary that will not change. Thats why they attacked us and why we need to nail them every chance we get.

BTW...they should have buried OBL at a pig farm. That really would have brought the religious nuts out. You can't shoot them when they are hiding.

20. So we can either kill them all, or leave their countries.

I think we could get used to non-interventionism. It's like a new pair of underwear, at first it's restricting, but then it becomes a part of you. Beats endless war, IMO.