to all the haters

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by williamspartan, Mar 25, 2009.

1. As i have grown in my knowledge i have noticed that some people still feel the need to cut down noobs for there questions. I sit here high and wonder why as growers we feel the need to down people . I know that at one time we were all once new to the art of growing mj and we all had a million questions and were worried about our grow. People as growers we should spread our knowledge more than we should hate on new growers. In this day and time we should help not hate. If this is the magic plant we think it is then why dont we help people grow it instead of putting them down like so many of you have. Yeah some questions may be stupid but we have all asked them at one time or another. If this is such a wonderfull life help not hate you know who you are and your not the best growers you think you are. I HATE TO BE A BUZZKILL BUT HELP NOT HATE. NOOBS WANT TO GROW TOO. IT IS A WONDERFULL PLANT LETS ALL SHARE.

2. It's not that helping noobs makes people upset. It's the CONSTANT repeating of the same question. Noobs don't look for answers. Old or young.

When i started growing, i read EVERYTHING i could find... online.. print.. video... IT seems a lot of people just jump right in and then have the "oh shit" experience and need a quick fix.

3. This is true. I will not put down a noob if he has done his research and asks a decent question. However, if you did not put any forethought into growing and ask something like "How can I grow a plant and how much will I get?", now that's gonna get you bashed. I agree, some of the people on here come off as pretty arrogant and that will obviously get pointed out if they are doing so. If you want to learn something, start reading up, do your research, you can never study too much on MJ. Then if you have any unanswered questions or less general knowledge questions we will be happy to help.

4. #4 cantharis, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
    I like to help people, that is why I have links to some FAQs in my sig. But I do get exasperated when the SAME question is asked for the tenth time this week - and the answer is quickly available in the stickies.
    In fact, for noobs with posts in single figures, I inevitably refer them to the stickies - there are numerous occasions when a noob asks his question, people give generously of their time to reply, and the noob is never seen again.

5. I still refer to the stickies or search before asking most times. Nubes get upset when people refer them to the stickies--they think it is a show of arrogance. One thing I learned in my academic life is that before we can discuss something at a meaningful level, both of us has to have a basic understanding of what we are discussing. So when nubes come here and ask basic questions, It's tough to even answer unless they have a basic knowledge of pot growing. The best way to rise to the level of "beginners mind," as it is called in some circles, is to read the stickies. Now we're on the same page--ask away nube.

6. Goofus is rude and unkind to strangers....Gallant is always courteous and helpful to others.;)

7. Y'all three are cool. Cantharis, OP, and Dank were actually the first to inspire me to learn how to grow:). Youre journals and various posts have really helped me out, so thanks so much for your contributions guys. I'm usually the kind of guy who puts too much forethought into something before attempting anything so I've never really had anyone tell me something I've asked is stupid(Except for Dimebag but it seems like he's a douche to everybody).

8. #8 champloo, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
    Exactly.

Well im no expert and i have no journals (i have little experience behind the clippers). And when i first came i asked quite a few of those typical questions. I was politely referred to the articles before i got the clue.

Now that ive read up and i know waaayyy more than i ever knew before. I can sort of give advice to people that ask questions about something im pretty sure i have the answer to (or a knowlegable opinion).

And especially this time of season, tons of "noobs" come in and ask lots of questions.

And if the question is a pretty well rounded one (but asked all the time), most anyone here will just refer them to the articles (maybe have a little attitude about it :p).

But sometimes people come in and they ask something that truly shows that they arent even ready to try yet. And you can tell they are like 14 and just wanna grow bud.
    Those are the ones that are truly annoying. But even though they get a little more flammage, they still get refered to the articles :rolleyes:.

And then they never return to even read your post. Or they read the one post and go out and fail terribly.

But yeah you can usually tell when they're idiots. I dunno im rambling i just got stoned :eek::smoking:

edit: Its the ineffectiveness of the "Read before you post" sticky. It doesn't make people read before they post.

We need to have like, a popup alert that comes up for them that explains it.
    Then that also seperates who should be flamed or not. Cause the only person that would make a thread like that after seeing the alert is a butthole.

9. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. #10 abnormldood, Mar 26, 2009
    Lawl OP. Cantharis sure does lose temper with the noobs on occassion. It's well-deserved usually though.:p Looks like something you'd see in a kid's book lol.

11. I'm a noob at growing, I have maybe 5 plants under my belt, but I'm also not an idiot and I'm not lazy. I don't have it in me to be nasty to anyone but I think most of these guys who bust in with really bad questions deserve it...a lot of them aren't just ignorant noobs looking for honest help but PLAIN LAZY 13 year olds who can't or won't take the time to study something they want to know more about.

12. hahahaha, funny :p

13. OldPork , I love you. I also love Cantharis. I refer to you two on a regular occasion.

You both are going to have a massive success this year.

14. Ha ha, thanks Liquor! Thought it was time to interject a little humor.

15. While I agree that it's good to help newbies out, there is a certain point where the newb has to do their own research.

I think the biggest problem amongst senior growers versus newbies is that the experienced growers have done tons of research and actually used it. If the newbie can't sacrifice their time to invest in themself, why should the experienced grower?

This is coming from a guy who is currently on his first grow. Guess what? It's going fantastic, too. Why? Because I took the time to read, read, & read some more. There comes a point, though, where reading can only take you so far. That's when it's time to start putting that knowledge to use. :)

I hope everyone has a great 09. I know mine has started off great!

16. "The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked..."

"One who has all the answers is less than a fool.
    A fool at least asks a question."

NUFF SAID!

17. #17 cantharis, Mar 26, 2009

We had one real doozy a couple of weeks ago.

Is FIVE people too many to tell about my grow? Was the question. And you wonder why some folks here get exasperated.

I wonder if some questions are just so demonstrative of a total lack of common sense, they are asked solely to provoke a reaction - a form of trolling.

18. I would like to grow 2 pounds, how many plants do i need?
    How much will my outdoor weigh???

j/k but in all honestly the questions asked are easily answered through a google search or even a search on this website. If the newbies just read a couple grow guides and then branched out into the forum that suits their grow style, (indoor,outdoor,beginners,Organic) then you will start finding the information you crave much easier. I think its an unwritten rule that we must bash any and all yield or potency questions when someone doesn't even have any pics to show us.

19. do you think all 5 of them were standing at the computer at the same time too lol, that would be hilarious. "We are in this together, WE DO THIS Together" I can just see those 5 asshats sitting their wondering why 5 is too many people and trying to cowrite a response to all the hating we were doing haha.

20. Hhahah that was a great one. I was actually polite in response to that one as I should not have been. There have been a couple noobs that I have smashed harddd on here though to make up for it.

Anyway, I live in the NorthEast USA. What would you experienced growers recommend for a strain in my area and when should I start? Any comments would be great.