To All Tattoo Artists/Experts

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by AmazaaaasauR, Jul 22, 2011.

1. I am getting a tattoo of this:

[​IMG]

on my upper arm. It is going to be 5" from top to bottom. I am having a friend's friend do it for me and am wondering what a tattoo like this should cost.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ask your friend's friend who is doing it for you.

"Cheap work isn't good, and good work isn't cheap"

3. I did but I want another experts opinion so I can make sure I'm not getting ripped off

4. Well, how much is this friend's friend charging you?

5. he hasnt responded yet

6. go to a tat shop, dont get ur shit fucked up

7. Then how do you know if you are getting ripped off not?

8. I'd say less than $150, but I don't know shit about tattoo prices. I just know that I got a teeny tiny one on my foot a while ago for $45. If this guy isn't like, at a shop, it should be cheaper, imo.

Love that it's from Fear and Loathing. I've been thinking about getting these bats for a few years now...I just can't come with an appropriate place to get it...plus, I'm a girl and I don't want people to think I'm weird.

[​IMG]

9. do not get a tattoo outside of a shop. people lose limbs to mrsa

its dangerous, and the chance of getting a piece of shit tat is crazy high.

most artists round here charge 100-200 an hour, for legit ones

10. i personally have a couple friends that are tattoo artists, and they do work outside their house for friends. they are clean and professional, and i would feel safe going to them. however, if you don't know this guy that well, i'd go to a shop. your picture looks like a couple hundred bucks IMO because of the shirt. maybe more depending on prices in your area.

11. Lolol I think someone above put it best, save your cash, and do things proper.

12. With that amount of detail in the provided picture, I doubt you would get away with paying $100 for it. Most legit artists charge around that per hour (most charge more in my experience), this looks like it would take a good 2 hours maybe 3.

But I feel that it's necessary to say it again, "Cheap work isn't good, and good work isn't cheap"

You have to remember that you are paying for a good quality piece of art on your skin that will be there forever.

13. He just told me it's gonna be about $200

14. not many people are going to help you out with an online estimate.

15. 200 sounds good for the detail and size