Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

To all MMJ users

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Linktogunner, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Do any of you dislike the recreational effect MJ has?

2. That is a very vague question; more details.

3. S/He wants to know if any of the medical users (some use strictly for medicine) dislike the side-effects of using MJ as a medicine. Or in other words, S/He wants to know if they dislike the high that MJ gives them, but if the medical benefits outweigh the cons, so they continue to use it as a medicine, even though they may dislike the high.

That more clear?

I use mostly medicinally, but I still enjoy the recreational value mj has. :)

4. Thanks for the explanation; sorry for the ignorance on my part lit up not too long ago :smoke:

Your answer is just as good as mine, too.

5. I'm a med user and I don't get/feel the high. Most patients I know are the same. The meds go to help alliviate their symptoms and they never get high.

6. I've said this before. You cannot smoke mmj and not get high!

It relieves symptoms, but you will still get high off it. THC gets you stoned. Period. C'mon be honest. What's wrong with enjoying mmj for it's calming effects as well as for it's medicinal properties.

Who cares if others want to harrass you because you got a card. :rolleyes:

7. #7 cenuke, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2009
    I think theyre afraid to admit it for some reason. You cant feel good without being high, thats the whole point of the "high" eh? i guess maybe the word "high" sounds like it has a bad meaning

8. Exactly. I am an mmj user. I still enjoy the high. In fact if I didn't get that high feeling I think I would still focus on my pain.

Mj is not like pain killers in the traditional sense.

It's better for you and more fun! Unless of course you abuse perscription drugs to the point of getting high on them too.

Personally I like THC for what ails me.

But I will never deny I still love the high. :smoke:

9. Thanks for the responses guys. I was stned earlier and i asked myself this..

10. Well I'm glad you know me better then I know myself.
    With all my conditions, I can/will/do state that I don't get high when I use pot. If I eat enough (more then I need to control my cobditions) then I get loopy/high. But I don't go there that often as it's more then I need.

You think because someone has a drink that they are drunk? Or is it after they consume more and more that they reach that state?

You sound like a young person who is after that high, me on the other hand am a sick person that uses pot for medicine and I don't use it to get high.

Thank you very much,
    pp69

11. Good question. I met someone who got diagnosed with cancer. Loves the effects.

12. Sometimes. I've got OCD and a lot of other problems with anxiety, and if I smoke a Sativa i'll be a worried mess, and sometimes it'll cause a panic attack. But with indicas I like all effects.

13. Have you ever tried taking 1 small hit (something that doesnt get you high) and pay attention to your pain/anxiety/whatever.

It works much better than any effects that get you high.

You definately CAN smoke MMJ and not get high. Its all about the one small hit. The medicinal effects from one small hit can be in most cases felt more strongly than a higher dosage.

14. I am sorry you took offense to what I said. I will bet I have as many physical conditions as you do. But, when you say you don't get high I don't believe it. That's all.

15. Sorry to disagree, but even one hit puts your mind in a different place. :smoke:

16. #16 BuzzLightOne, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2009
    You sound like a young person who is after that high, me on the other hand am a sick person that uses pot for medicine and I don't use it to get high.

Thank you very much,
    pp69[/QUOTE]

Oh and one other thing, I am NOT a young person, so don't pull that card on me!

Like I said I will go head to head with you on illnesses.

I'm glad you know me better than I know myself.

You can deny it, I don't really care! :)

My intention was not to attack you btw. I have talked to you before, and thought you were a nice person. Cowpunk really destroyed any alliance you and I may have established. I am very worthy of my mmj card, but still get high. Why do people have a problem with that? I don't know, but when I say I like to get high along with reducing my symptoms, I have somehow negated it's medicinal effects. That imho is ludicrous. I for one am unable to see how the two can be separated. Some people can't seem to understand mmj use is justified for medicinal use and something more. Especially if you have mental and emotional problems as well. Colorado does not recognize these mental impairments as mmj worthy. We need to change that! Peace

17. You say even 1 hit gets you high, I say lucky you. I never said getting high was bad. My wife was a rec smoker for 20 years before getting MS., She now does NOT get high and misses that very much. I know a dozen patients that don't get high when they smoke. Most of them wished they would.
    As far as an alliance, if having a disagreement on an internet board changes your mind about whether or not I'm a good person, I won't miss you anyway. I'm not doing what I do to make alliances, I do this because I can help people.

No hard feelings, just don't believe that everyone that uses MMJ gets high. You have a right to your opinion as well.

Oh and one other thing, I am NOT a young person, so don't pull that card on me!

Like I said I will go head to head with you on illnesses.

I'm glad you know me better than I know myself.

You can deny it, I don't really care! :)

My intention was not to attack you btw. I have talked to you before, and thought you were a nice person. Cowpunk really destroyed any alliance you and I may have established. I am very worthy of my mmj card, but still get high. Why do people have a problem with that? I don't know, but when I say I like to get high along with reducing my symptoms, I have somehow negated it's medicinal effects. That imho is ludicrous. I for one am unable to see how the two can be separated. Some people can't seem to understand mmj use is justified for medicinal use and something more. Especially if you have mental and emotional problems as well. Colorado does not recognize these mental impairments as mmj worthy. We need to change that! Peace[/QUOTE]

18. [quote name='pikes peak 69']You say even 1 hit gets you high, I say lucky you. I never said getting high was bad. My wife was a rec smoker for 20 years before getting MS., She now does NOT get high and misses that very much. I know a dozen patients that don't get high when they smoke. Most of them wished they would.
    As far as an alliance, if having a disagreement on an internet board changes your mind about whether or not I'm a good person, I won't miss you anyway. I'm not doing what I do to make alliances, I do this because I can help people.

No hard feelings, just don't believe that everyone that uses MMJ gets high. You have a right to your opinion as well.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>You are still a nice person I'm sure. It's just some of the people you associate with and some of the things you have said about various medical dispensaries in the area of the Springs/Pueblo, that also have me questioning how nice you may really be. I personally do not think making those kind of remarks on the internet are in anyones best interest.

I was under the impression that a certain amount of THC must enter your blood stream via your lungs to make a difference in whether the herb would address your ailments.

The scientists who study THC and it's medicinal effects have come up with a dosage to put in their pills. It would stand to reason that the amount necessary to achieve relief would have to be in a concentrated form. One hit will not do that for you. How could it?

I could not get any relief from pain by taking an 1/8 of an aspirin. Just saying.

If your wife has been smoking 20 years, maybe she just needs a T-break. :)

19. I can take a hit or two of marijuana and not get high. Sure I guess something is there, I did inhale THC, but honestly I won't feel much or anything at all. It's like taking a sip or two of beer, I am sipping down a drug but I will not get buzzed or drunk from it.

I do love the high from marijuana and enjoy it everyday.

20. Lol i cant believe that you cant get high.. if she misses is why dosent she take more than 1 hit? And ^ she cant take a T-break, she uses it as medicine, you cant just take a break on medicine lol.