Tired of BS News?

Discussion in 'General' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 12, 2010.

1. I live in Seattle. Colton Harris Moore, a punk thieving kid, was caught. But does he seriously need 30 minutes dedicated to him in a 1 hour news broadcast? I really don't give a shit if his Facebook page got more "Likes" because he was caught.

I now fully understand that media is BS. They don't cover anything real. Nothing on the 2 wars, just local fluff pieces. Thanks, King 5, you piece of shit. Great journalism, if you're reporting for a HS newspaper.

Or is this a way for news outlets, alongside those national news (Nightly News, World News), to cast over fluff pieces in order to keep the American public ignorant of important issues?

2. #2 TalhaK3, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2010

I agree completely. Iv always hated the news, especially local news. Now i realize that the bigger broadcasters are much worse since even they, who are suppose to be talking about international affairs and such, only subjugate people to propoganda and total bullshit. It actually pisses me off to watch the news because most of the info they spew is biased and probably only telling you half teh story. Don't trust your networks (Fox especially), they're either lying to you or are (purposely) evading major world problems so you aren't in a frenzy.

3. I don't watch the news anymore, haven't turned it on in over 3 years. Everything on it is played out bullshit. We don't see actual facts, we see the facts the media wants us to see.

4. It's all the same stories over and over.

And did you know? Many news stations run paid stories. Such as "taking an aspirin a day will be really awesome and stuff!" Ya, those stories are paid advertisements, and perfectly legal. They don't even have to tell you they were paid to say it.

I'm not shitting you, my source is Uncle John's Bathroom Reader. I think one of the statistics was an average of 80 are broadcasted per station, per year.

5. Wouldn't it just be awesome if some ever-so-gracious aliens came down from outer space and just killed off the dumbest half of the world? Hell, even just the dumbest in the country. Instant natural selection reboot FTW! :p There won't be any more bullshit news because all the dumbasses who buy into it will be no more :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. I went to school with him
    The reason he is semi famous is hes kind of a 21st century robin hood, he evaded police for 2 years, flew a plane from indiana to the bahamas and stole boats. His targets were always expensive vacation homes that rich ass people owned and used only certain timeso f the year. He, who lived in a poor place thought these people were greedy or whatever and robbed them.. 100 + . ... he went by a vet hospital and said this "Drove by, had some extra cash. Please use this money for the care of animals --Colton Harris-Moore, (AKA: "The Barefoot Bandit") Camano Island, WA"

He got caught on a boat chase and bahamian police shot out his (stolen) boats engine. I bet the victim in the theft was pissed

7. Local news does suck. It's like 2 minutes of war, 3 minutes of oil leak, 5 minutes on the shootings, 4 minutes of weather and 3 mintues of sport. During the hour news at 4, you need to add 7 minutes on the blogo trial, 5 minutes on government cat-fights, 5 minutes for the cooking tip of the day.

I usually only watch the weather even though I can figure that out online at NOAA.

At least you don't have to listen to the stories about the 12 daily shootings nightly.