tips yellowing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TowelieTowel, Oct 20, 2007.

1. This things been growing for at least 1 month now and is still somewhat very small. I just notice today that on 2 of the leaves the tip is yellowing. what is wrong and how do i fix this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. what kinda soil is that? lighting? ferts in the soil? i think something else is going on here if its only that big after a month

3. i am using cfl lighting in a closet grow. it is on 24/7. the soil i have no idea what it is. got it from one of those plants you buy from homedepot.

4. start of nitrogen def or calcium def, up your nutes

5. i have never used fert on it might that be why its growing so slow?

6. repot it in some organic soil and buy some fertilizer/nutes from your local nursury that have a higher N % for vegatative growth and a higher P % for flowering and water with like half to quarter strength and slowing introduce the ferts

7. i just bought some 13-13-13 because i cant find 20-20-20 is this good enough for fert?

8. Maybe if you are using CFL you may want to add more lights! Just a idea!
    No way thats a month of growth. Its ok she will pick up and grow like holy hell!:smoking:
    I am about to cook up some mean fish! Snapper!

9. 'Sup TT :wave:. What is your pH? for soil you want between 6.0 and 7.0. Optimum range of 6.4-6.8 for absorbing proper nutrients. Soilless mix or hydroponics, 5.5-5.9 is optimum to avoid nute lockout. Check your water and check the runoff, the water that drains from the bottom of pot. What strain are you growing? It looks very indica dom. I would definately put another light on it. As far as nutes go, introduce it at 1/4 strength everyother week and slowly increase dose and watch for negative reaction. If it shows nute burn, discontinue nutes feed water for next 2 feedings and if it gets worse within that time, flush the soil and wait a few weeks to nute again. As far as your nutes you bought, 13,13,13, the nitrogen might be a little high when u start to flower but will work well during vegetation. You'll get it bro, we are here to help ya. peace, e :bongin:

10. where can i get ph testing supply?
    I'm going some type of purple from bagseeds so yes its indica.
    I have 2 cfl 23w which might be a little low so i will go buy maybe 2 more tomorrow.

11. It looks like a blueberry ? I have the same problem.

I started 5 White Widows and 5 (fem) Blueberry's. My plants are in soil and i only used ph (6.0) water on all the seedlings for the 1st 2 weeks.

4 of my Blueberry have shown signs of bad nutrient burn whereas the WW are flourishing. The remaining BB is stunted and the ridges between veins are raised (like in your picture). The WW are on their 4 set of leaves and looking healthy.

What is the cause of the poor BB growth. ?????? Anyone. Why are the BB struggling so much.

The BB showed bad nutrient burn whereas the WW are strong and healthy - and I haven't even started feeding them yet ?

Using: CFL, Soil and only started applying weak nuts after 2 weeks... This is not my first grow. but I have no idea how to rectify the BB growth. Have tried to transplant - no changes. t's not dead yet but it's only on it's 2 nd set of leaves whereas the WW are on their 4th....

Any tips on BB ?

12. Try putting the lights on 18/6. They need rest.

13. TowelieTowel may have the lights on too long. I start my seedlings with 16 hr light and have the same symptoms.

14. Do you have a fan in there?
    Maybe it is best to ditch the mystery soil.
    How do they look Today?

15. i had them on 24/7 so im going to switch over to 18/6 later tonight.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i have 3 fans one blowing at the plant and one for intake and one outtake in my growbox.
    they been growing but still quite slow.
    this picture is 7 days after the first picture.

16. I have Dutch Passion Blueberry Feminized seeds. Under 16 hrs of 250W CFL. The ridges are raised between the veins like yours. They show signs of stress with stunted growth.

I have 3 other strains growing in the same soil and under the same conditions. The others are all 3-4 times the size and healthy.

My conclusion - the seeds. Bad batch. 4/5 germinetd and died soon after sprouting. Leaves were twisted and showed signs of butrient burn, although I only used pH corrected water for the 1st 2 weeks.. Thought it was the pH in the soil.. transplanted into a soiless mix - no better. Others are fine.

I'll keep it going - but suspect I wasted good money on the Fem BB. Last time I get these.

17. TowelieTowel the next thing to do would be to change the soil. Since you have no idea what it is, my guess is it is something not meant to grow mj. Otherwise wait and see.

18. dude! change the soil!! and buy branded soil, so you know exactly what the ingredients, pH, nutrients etc are

for a month old, that plants a midget.
    you shouldve atleast been at your 6th node by now.

and i think you might be overwatering too.

19. Personally. I'd just say fuck it and start over. sorry it just looks like it would be more work to save it rather then plant a new one.