tips on top of plant turning dark brown

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by merlon, Mar 21, 2010.

1. #1 merlon, Mar 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2010
    strain is northern lights from a reputable dispensary in berkley.
    week 4 veg cycle (18" tall now)
    hydro farm 125w cfl (18/6)
    dwc 5gal bucket
    gh floramicro 5ml per gal(20ml in 4 gal of ro water)
    gh flora bloom 8ml per gal (32ml in 4 gal of ro water)
    ro water
    ph is 6.0 and sometimes as much as 6.5

i just transplanted this girl last saturday. i gave it b1 and ro water only for two days. took some cuttings, and then dumped the water with b1, and added ro water and the nutes i listed above. maybe not a good time to take cuts but they have all rooted so im happy.

this is happening on the top of the plant only, so i thought maybe i had the cfl too close and moved it back. but now ive done some research i think perhaps its a phosphorus deficiency or some sort of fungus even???...however im not sure why it would have a phosphorus deficiency as im giving the reccomended amount of nutes under the lucas formula.

i did notice when only giving it ro water and b1 its stem started turning red, but after a week back on nutes thats gone away mostly... it dont think it can be nute lockout, i maintain the ph at 6.0-6.5, but maybe thats just not the right range for this plant? or maybe its out grown the veg formula and i need to start giving it more nutes?

is this just happening because i didnt give it nutes for 2 days last week? i do see it on the week old sun leaves but i am also seeing it on new growth at the top...not on the new growth around the middle or bottom or this plant.

anyways, i appreciate any help or guidance, as im kinda stuck on deciding to give it more nutes, or wait to see what happens.

Attached Files:

2. Ph gets off a bit which doesn't help nute uptake but, your pic looks like slight nute burn.