Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tips on self-control with bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TomHerb, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Ill get right into it.

When I have bud the first thing on my mind almost always is "Why not smoke?" which only causes me to run out of bud rather quickly.

So I come to you GC, how do you keep yourself away from the Marry Jane when you have it?

2. I had the same issue, I decided that I'm only smoking for certain things.

To celebrate something (i.e I won a basketball game last night), chillin' with my boys, or because I need to (help me sleep, pain, etc).

Really helped me cut back.

3. When I'm alone ill smoke to get high, then wait until it wears off. I won't continuesly smoke, unless I'm with friends matching.

Perhaps try and bag up certain amounts to help control consumption. Like if you get a quarter.. bag up 7 seperate gram bags and smoke 1 bag (1gram) a day over 7 days totaling 7gs (quarter).

4. Did you just tell yourself to not smoke or did you only hold on those days?

5. Sweet method ill give it a shot

6. Lol. Well if its bud that i invested into then i just don't smoke.

IF its my bud i just smoke it all up. I can always buy more. Or t-break.

But when i was younger i used to only smoke at night before bed. That helps. I used to go to school. Practice. Go kick it. Then come home and smoke a gram blunt by myself. That way you get super high. And you will pass out before you wanna smoke again.

7. To be honest, I really don't have an urge to smoke as much as most may think. I used to live in a house with two other tenants, and one of the tenants became my friend. He smoked a lot of bud (every day) and smoked some really strong shit.

Well, he was gone for a whole weekend, and he would allow me to go in and out of his room whenever I pleased, so long as I didn't take anything without his permission. Frankly, I would always borrow his grinder to break up my bud, but right after I was done with it, I put it back in the place I found it.

On this particular weekend, however, he left his bowl, completely packed, on his bedside table. Now I was in and out of there multiple times over those three days, and not once did I touch his bowl, even when I ran out of bud the second day.

Funny thing is, he came back Monday or Tuesday, and I told him that his bowl was still packed.

This was him, verbatim: "Seriously, man? You stayed away from it THAT long? Damn I would've smoked that shit. I wouldn't have minded if you did. I just bought a new bag anyway."

So ignoring weed isn't that hard to do if you have the will and you're distracting yourself enough. Remember, weed isn't physically addicting.

"I'm committed, not addicted." :smoke:

8. Everyime you want to smoke weed.. go learn something new. Try finishing up some work, or maybe even get ahead in your work.

It's sooo easy! I take 2 week breaks after smoking daily for months all the time.

9. When I pick up I put a few grams in different spots away from my normal stash so I always have some on reserve. This also makes it appear that I don't have as large of a stash as I do. 1/2 O to an O is all I ever get and it will last me a couple months.

I treat what I have in my normal spot as all that I have and it helps me conserve. When I run out of my main stash I take a a couple days off until I really want my reserves and then I start the process over with my reserves while I look for my next pick up. Also, a quality vape will make small amounts last a lot longer. An eighth will last me a couple weeks easy with my magic flight and vaping whenever I want (2 to 10 times a day).

10. Pack a bowl, take 2 hits. If your bud is good youll be high for 2-3 hours. My friend has been telling me to do this and it really does work and help with conserving.

11. That doesn't work if you have a decent tolerance. Or you wanna get real high.

12. Try using it as a reward system. You do a b and c and you get to toke up. Or try sticking to a few days a week when you are allowed to smoke depending on your schedule. also try smoking later on in the day rather than starting early. I used to be a heavy stoner, but now I realize no one aspect of your life should dictate how you behave or what it revolves around. I smoke strictly on weekends now and perhaps here and there at night if i've had a long productive day and I just wanna chill and watch a tv show or something. Good luck man, herb is great but everything in moderation.

13. How big are those two hits haha. high for 2-3 hours off of 2 hits? not trying to be a dick, but thats a bit of an exaggeration if you ask me

14. I used to only smoke on weekends as well, that was probably the best system iv ever used to conserve on bud.

15. I usually just load up on things to do during the weekday. Ill only smoke early in the morning or late at night. I usually dont really have the time to smoke up as much as id like to.

But on the weekends... :hippie:

16. So far iv got

>Rationing
    >Reward system
    >Keep yourself busy
    >Weekends

This should help thanks guys

17. Make a list (mental or on paper) what you have to get done during the day for work, school, and life. Only after you finish it should you toke (usually that night). As long as that list gets accomplished each time smoking wont effect anything. I think of smoking as a reward, once everything is done kick off your shoes toke up throw on some tunes and take a shower.

18. Fo sho dude.

One thing ive noticed too, the high feels a lot better after a good solid day of accomplishing things and stuff. its almost like you earned it...

Good luck op.

19. I ghost every hit, never waste your ganj!

20. Best way i find is to wait until late, and have 1 bowl before bed, so you sleep well.