Tips on reducing withdrawal from marijuana?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Frankie2017, Dec 25, 2018.

1. I recently cut way down from smoking constantly all day and night for a couple years to just smoking at night. Probably from about 3.5g to just a half gram. So I’ve cut down enough for the shakes, sweating, anxiety, irritability, chest pain and depression to develop about 2 days after I stopped smoking during the day. I get really high now when I do smoke at night so it’s nice, but during the day, I have these annoying withdrawals. Been 5 days now and still feel like crap when I don’t smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I smoke like u did. I went to Costa Rica last year and thought I would have withdrawals but didn't seam to bug me. I went 5 days cold turkey. I eat edibles too. Are u worried about health or just don't want to be high all the time? If I was to do it I would be replacing with edibles! Definitely going to buy a volcano for health reasons

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

3. I would say keep urself real busy! A friend of mine was the head shrink at Betty Ford center and he told me that addiction is done at day 11 and after that it's pyscologogical

• Like Like x 1
  4. i'll say couple things Cannabis is easy to give up ,,now Tobacco thats different that is hard ..like Papa Puff said it Psychological .. put it this way i gave up oxycodeine after 12 years now that is really hard ,,,,mac,

• Like Like x 5
  5. It’s both, I noticed a sharp decrease is cognitive function smoking all day for so long, and so much. So I made a decision to only smoke at night. Not everyone has withdrawals I know that, but I sure am, whether it’s physical or psychological.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Man I guess everyone is really different when it come to cannabis...I don't get shakes that's some crack head shit dude lol...I do get my anxiety back and I also get a bit depressed/angry for like 2 weeks...and the biggest thing is I loose my appetite...but if I stay busy I could care less about weed and definitely don't care after 2 weeks....but I always get that though of "man a joint would be sweet right now" when I see everyone else smoking. But yeah stay busy man...but if you don't then what are you doing not smoking weed? This life is dull especially sober all the time....gotta spice it up one way or another right?

MPM

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Don't blame u! I did quit for a few months a while back due to the opiate agreements with my doctor's. I didn't notice anything much as far as motivational. I am in pain and now disabled! Now that I don't work and can't do much physical, I saw no need to be super alert. If anything need something to calm me. I wish u the best of luck and hope u get the answers!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Weed is not physically additives it is all mental, it is mind over matter you don't mind it don't matter

• Like Like x 4
  9. And this is the 1,000,000,000th time I’ve heard this. But I DEFINITELY have physical symptoms too, diarrhea, chest pain and lots of nausea. Those are NOT just in your head you idiot.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah I think it has a lot to do with brain chemistry. Everyone is different and it affects everyone differently. Hell, some people fly off the handle without that morning bowl. I’m not that bad with the irritability that comes and goes but the rest is moderately bothersome.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I've done this and used cheap beer or herbal sleeping tablets to get thu the worst of it

does really well too

good luck

• Like Like x 3
  12. Yeah I ordered some Luna from Amazon I hope it works!

13. At least I am not weak enough in the head to let a little weed kick my ass

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. No offense but, potheads on a forum aren't in anyway going to help you here.

I'm not saying anyone's wrong here as yeah studies say its mental. However each person is affected differently.

I'll be high all the time and binge drink sometimes and, yeah alcohol kicks your ass a lot worse. I can't mention it but, other substances can too.

Edit: And Happy Holidays and or Merry Christmas.

15. Only time i stop smoking is when i get locked up (hasnt happened in yrs and pray it doesnt happen in the future anymore)..

Ill be in my cell sweattin my ass off..

Hot or cold, it dont matter.. ill get cold swests for about a week & a half..

Still fully functional not sick or ill just sweatting sweatting sweatting like crazii

I know its withdraw from smokin so much..
    Thats how it effects me!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. When I stopped smoking every day I just had trouble sleeping for like 3 days but after you clear that 3 day or at most week long period you're usually fine. You just stop thinking about it

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yes I get the sweats too, very badly.

• Like Like x 1
  18. No but you’re rather immature. Like I said, which apparently you can’t read... WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT FOR CHRIST SAKE!

19. Brother that is 100 percent mental the only thing giving anyone withdrawals is the leaf (tobacco leaf) they're addicted to from rolling their blunts in em

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Stay busy and focused

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1