Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tips on how to make my joints tighter?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Bri0345, Sep 19, 2018.

1. So ive been rolling Joints for a month or so give or take and ive got the feeling down but I can never get it as tight as i want, or if i do get it really tight, the damn paper rips! Any tips?

2. Roll it straight like a cigarette then pack the ends in. Add a filter from a strip of index card and your good to go

3. The simplest solution: keep rolling! Once you have the weed rolled into a cylinder, the more you roll it under the paper, the more compacted it will become. You can only do this for so long before you form a gap between the paper and the weed, which leads to uneven burn, so be cautious.

Still, there's lots of factors. If your weed is too dry it'll roll too loose and If it's too moist it will roll too tight. If your fingertips aren't fricative you won't be able to manipulate the paper well. And finally if the weed is too coarse or too fine it will be difficult to roll and won't smoke well either. The solution for each of these problems is to store your weed with a humidipack like Boveda or something similar to keep it in the sweet spot for rolling, moisten and half dry your fingers to increase fingertip friction, (or rub a little surfboard wax into your fingertips -- it works awesome.) I've found that weed out of a weed grinder is usually the perfect consistency for rolling.

How tight are you trying to roll? I find that for joints rolled from buds stored at 62% RH, the joints are best when they're rolled about as tight as a cigarette, or perhaps just a little bit tighter.

If all else fails, try rolling your joints by making two cigar shaped piles on each half of the paper and rolling them into a single cylinder. As you roll the paper back and forth the piles will redistribute and even out, and pack tighter.

4. Yeah thinking about it now my weed pretty dry, doesn't burn my throat anymore because ive been smoking this batch as long as I can remember (dads friend grows it so i got gallon bags at a time but it was mostly cooked with). Is there any way i can moisten it up like breathing on it for a few minutes?

5. The key to a tight joint is simple, moisten your fingers just a bit so the paper sticks to your fingers as you roll it and not slide around like a MF. Start in the middle and tuck it, then start to roll moving your thumbs towards the outside as it turns . Boom tight Ass Jay.. lol. Hence the name ☝ . If you did it right you should see an arc of a paper line underneath the outside layer of paper. It's just one method but it's worked for me for 16 years .

6. :weed-4::weed-4:

7. Personally, I would just get a cheap rolling machine and spend your time on more important things. Pre-made cones are also pretty nice.

8. I used one for a while but they would burn way too fast and both broke because they couldn't handle it when i made it too tight

9. I had that issue. There is a learning curve to using it. Too much/too little material, wrong grind etc. But after a little practice, the perfect j. Also can use less paper. I like a single wrap around the weed with a Raw natural. I have a buddy that rolls with EZ Wider 11/2's. Sometimes using 2 papers . He gets pissed because I tell him that I want to smoke weed not paper. Lol. But the best tips, proper grind, weed that's not too dry and practice practice practice.

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 old shol4evr, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    delete

11. Definitely. Try breathing into the stash container right before closing it to raise the humidity in the jar. It works! Or if you have cash, get some Boveda packs. 62% RH seems to be the standard for cannabis.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Push the weed down with a key after rolling

• Agree Agree x 1