Tips on finding a good hookup thread

Discussion in 'General' started by rwilliams, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Something I've noticed since coming to these forums is that weed prices vary widely even among the same places. This is because many people (myself for sure included) have a harder time finding good connections than other people. So I thought I'd make a thread to help people find cheap dank. I don't have a whole lot to contribute because I still pay more than most people on here but I'll start naming some factors and a little advice... oh, and I did search, but if there is already a thread like this, my apologies. I'm only trying to help people (well, I'm trying to help myself too). Oh, and the intent of this thread is not to get everyone to move to bc canada, it's to get people to get hooked up with good weed where they're at. Oh, and please don't get too specific. I already skimmed through the grasscity forum rules, and I think as long as people don't get too specific, this thread isn't going to break any. Knock on wood.

• The high school you go to plays a big role into how hard it is to find good weed. My freshman and sophmore years I went to a very preppy school, and struggled to get my hands on weed at all. My junior and senior years, I went to a ghetto alternative high school and every three people were selling weed. Going into my junior year I could not tell you the difference between shwagg and dank, but going to this high school not only helped my raise my interest and knowledge in marijuana since weed was such a big part of the culture at that school, but it also made it very easy for me to find a lot of dealers. A lot. Since my school had a strict "snitches get stiches" policy, every student basically knew all the big time dealers in the school, and among those dealers it was easy for me to differentiate the ones who were out to make an honest living and the ones who get off on ripping people off. And I also made friends with some of the dealers which also helped me out, since when I would buy from my friends I felt like I was giving my money to a good cause? (I don't know if you understand) . And I have friends who went to art schools and were in similar situations as me. I guess the point to this is even though I graduated from high school, the high school I went to still plays a big role in my weed purchacing.
    • Although I've never (knowingly) done this, I'm guessing making friends with a grower would probably help you out just a little. Smart growers don't let anyone but their closest friends know that they grow, but I'm open to suggestions as to how to find grower friends.
    • Through playing disc golf I also got to know a whole new set of dealers. Weed is a big part of the disc golf culture, and people who play disc golf are very friendly to each other. It's a good atmosphere. If you ask someone on the disc golf course where you can score some trees, from my experience they will try to help you out rather than profit from you.
    Yeah, as I said, I don't have much to offer on this subject. A big part of the purpose of me making this thread was to help myself find better dealers, because I just got ripped off, my friend got caught, and since I no longer attend school it's a lot harder for me to ask around.

2. man, this is a good post. theres a frisbee golf place around here that i go to frequently, but i never even thought about looking for hookups there. +rep

3. good post...... put some fucking spaces, i kept losing my place.

4. Good post, bro! The frisbee golf scene sounds really tight, dude! Especially high, it sounds like some hippie playground. Cool, dude. Thanks for this.

5. bump.

Every day I see like 5 threads deleted, and a message saying hookups aren't allowed.

Maybe this will slow those posts down a bit.

6. concerts and especially well known music festivals are easy places.

7. High School was probably the best place for me to find hookups, i had to have found atlest 11 different people..

8. Rwilliams, You live not to far from me, And i get dank for like $150ish a oz. Cheaper when i get bigger shit.

I'm trying to think how i got the hookups i do.

Its really jus knowing druggies. Almost every person i come into contact with is into some type of drugs.

Thas how i found my hookups.

Years ago id be paying $250ish for a oz of some decent shit.

Now i be payin 150ish for shit better then what i jus said.

9. kfc....i worked there for a month, met 12 people lol.

if you live in colorado though, try to get a job at a hospital, i find lots of good connecs there.

10. yea i tried getting hookups in detroit but every time i go down there someone in my group ends up getting the living shit beat out of them. maybe im just bad at finding hookups lol

11. music festivals!

12. Ya'll doin something wrong.

13. eh its probably cuz we never know the dealer and when we go its usually for a couple bricks or so.

as for getting dank. i wouldnt have a clue where to look for that in detroit

14. For going to street dealers you dun know you got to be mad careful. Roll up to em in a whip, Doors locked, Heat real close. And do the shit in your car.

Dank, Ya more then likley need to know hookups. All my dank comes from high up people.

15. If you're physically able, and into fitness-type things; Join a Martial Arts club. The last club I was in was easily 80% tokers. Don't go to a M.M.A. club of course, those guys are there for serious business but Karate/Jeet Kune Do type clubs are full of trippy dudes.
    Jam sessions are another great place to meet fellow tokers, naturally.