tips on a homemade vape

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by bengali548, Oct 28, 2009.

1. hey guys couple of questions here

im makeing a vape out of a soldering iron do u think a 12mm socket would be sufficient

also do you think ill be wasting more herb by making a homemade one versus a regular 500 dollar one?

2. sorry its a double post and a bump :O

but ya i made it but my weed got burnt =( there also wasnt that much smoke i just wanted to know if what i did was a watse of weed and how to know the right temp for burning thx

3. It all depends on how well you make it and how much money you put into it. I could spend maybe $10 at Radioshack and have ALL the materials I need to make this (provided I had some tubing of some sort at home).

If there is enough interest for a "Soldering Iron Vape Tutorial", I'd be glad to make one with pics and video.

4. I made a different kind of vaporizer using a soldering iron. That one looks solid though.

5. Also, most vapes aren't 500 dollars your thinking about the Volcano vape. You can pick up a good vape for about 165 from vaperbros, I will be ordering one soon I can't wait:hello:

6. hey i got the dimmer switch and put it to half way i just wanted to know a couple things

a) when im using the vaporizer what if the temp is too low what happens?

b) when using a whip should i hold the end of it so no air comes in/gets out?

7. #8 bengali548, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2009
    my vape gets smoke/vapor but there isnt much of it im using a 12mm socket as the bowl and im losing my head over this lol

btw i fill the bowl just not stuffed it down and my weed is turning light-dark brown and i checked if it was airtight but i cant find the problem

also i noticed the smoke i do get tastes like tea

8. If the weed is turning light-dark brown and it is air tight, then it is working correctly. Anything darker than dark brown is black, which means its burned. If the weed is green, then it probably isnt hot enough.

Im assuming the light dimmer is to control how hot the soldering iron gets. Find the exact setting where its perfect heat and brings the tree to a brown color without burning it. Memorize this setting. It might need to be slightly tweeked depending on the tree.

You dont necessarily need to see smoke or vapor. I've gotten high without being able to see a trace of any THC while vaporizing. Damn near completely clear vapor. So just have faith in your lamp chord setting.

Turn the shit on, and as soon as its hot, start hitting it. You don't necessarily have to wait til you see vapor. Hold every hit in. If you taste anything, then its probably working. Even if you don't taste much/noting its still probably working. Don't wait til the tree turns Brown to hit it because its already lost all its THC.

If you can see the tree turning green-to brown as you hit it then you are on the right track.

Just don't waste the hits.

Also, have you vaped before? A lot of people who haven't, dont recognize the cleaner high and think they aren't getting stoned when it fact they're just missing the toxins provided from unhealthier methods.

9. ill admit the tea taste tastes very natural but ive done like 3 whole bowls and i feel perfectly sober (1 in the afternoon 2 right now) its turning darker brown so ill assume its burnt but my last bowl when the dimmer switch was on half it was brown but not too browned