Tips of the leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by gmd, Aug 28, 2009.

1. The tips of my leaves are like a light green. Any suggestions?

2. ph is low but im getting some ph up today... possible nute burn?

3. not nute burn, lack of nutes.

4. hmm ok, concidering I just fed them the day before I noticed. When should I feed them again in about 2 weeks? there about 2 weeks from clone and what PPM reading should I do. Im feeding them Bat Guano I got from a hydro store.

5. pH being too low is causing the plants to not be able to obsorb nutrients (this is about the only purpouse of pH).

Which is causing nute deficiency, you need to get your pH up and forget the nutes, its not the nutes thats the issue.

6. Just cause your tips are messed up doesnt mean its nute burn and likely its not. pH could be the issue or you could be overwatering as well. What was your soil pH? Tips yellow most often because of Nitrogen related issues. Nitrogen absorbs at low pH so i would look more at your watering. When you overwater it prevents CO2 absorbtion which prevents nutrient uptake. Therefore allow your soil sometime to dry out. Take more care in adjusting your pH with your future watering and make sure its betwee 6.3 and 6.8 before the plants get it. When adding nutrients ALWAYS add them before you add any pH adjusting solutions. Nutrients do affect the pH of the water. Finally water sparingly. Overwatering is one of the worst things you can do to your plants. They recover poorly from it(much worse than being a little dry) so give it a little less than you think it needs. better to water more often than to kill em lol. Following this though will help regardless of the issue. As long as your using your nutrients on the schedule recommended by the manufacturer you should be fine. Half strength is even plenty if youre worried about them having to much. Follow these good practices and i guarantee those plants recover.

7. need pics man..