Tips for...

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by mentos55, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Do you guys/girls have any tips on relationships? I'm currently in my first "serious" relationship and I wanna make this one last.

2. Be honest no matter or how painful the truth is its always easier

if the arguements big enough call the cops before her remember 1st one call the cops avoids going to lock up

3. Be honest, don't lie to her or keep secrets from her. The more you share with her, the more she can trust you and accept you for who you are :D

4. Don't tell her when you are going to the strip club. that is my tip lol

5. just remember that girls have stupid logic, so if they get mad you for some dumb shit just keep calm and try to remember this.

always be honest.

don't be too predictable

6. [quote name='"JeetJeet"']just remember that girls have stupid logic, so if they get mad you for some dumb shit just keep calm and try to remember this.

always be honest.

don't be too predictable[/quote]

That's some really sound advice!

7. [quote name='"Slilent"']
    if the arguements big enough call the cops before her remember 1st one call the cops avoids going to lock up[/quote]

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha o my god I laughed so hard

8. #8 OneLove., Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2011
    Say this is a girl.. I'll use "her/she"... But it applies to guys and every type of relationship...

- Don't cheat on her
    - Remember her birthday
    - Don't do drugs around them if they just don't like it. Don't lie about the drugs or judge the usage of drugs.
    - Give opinions, advice, not demands. Be assertive, not aggressive.
    - Don't loose your temper. If you loose your temper easily I highly suggest you work on yourself first before making someone go through your mood swings... No, damaging drywall or verbally abusing someone is not normal nor a proper way of "relieving stress".
    - Do things for her, nice things, spontaneous things she'll/ they'll enjoy
    - Don't wait for a reminder, like a break-up or argument to treat her right, just treat her right
    - Don't loose yourself, long-term relationships get people comfortable (fat, with sex or treating your s/o a certain way - give yourself a damn reality check sometimes)
    - Respect the person giving you their time
    - Don't fuck up, meaning - make the person you're sharing this time with your best friend, trust them, share everything. Ultimately, don't intentionally hurt them. Don't be embarrassed. Share what you like and don't like...

Edit:

Tell her when you're going to the strip club. Be honest.. Or, tell her that she needs to start stripping for you... Also tell her if you've fucked around. Be honest. Her choice to leave you or stay will depend on the quality of what you can do for them regardless if your choice was right or wrong.

9. Be honest and straight up with her. I guarantee you this will make things so much easier if two of you will establish a good trust bond.

Also don't over think and try to realize that this relationship won't be your first and won't be your last.

10. just be honest from the start about who you are. You have to make sure you two know each other, your weaknesses/strengths.. everything.
    a relationship built on lies is bound to collapse at one point or another.

11. [quote name='"Sir Tokes Alot"']Don't tell her when you are going to the strip club. that is my tip lol[/quote]

My wife would be pissed if I went without her. She wants to go tomorrow after dinner;)

12. #12 DojaCFR, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2011
    EDIT:

Nevermind, I don't wanna become a statistic.

Just pick ur battles....trust me

13. Great advice everybody, but now tips on keeping the relationship interesting? I guess what I'm trying to get at is, how often do you talk or spend with your significant other a day?

I most certainly do not wanna become clingy...or distant.

14. My advice would be...

COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION

There are so many threads asking for advice in this section that could be solved just by communication.

If you really like this girl and really want to be with her, then you both need to communicate. Relationships with no communication never last.

If you're feeling bad about something in the relationship? Talk about it. Hell, even if you're not feeling bad about anything, talk. Talk, talk, talk. Communicate. Get the words out. Make sure you both understand what you both want and what you're both expecting from this relationship.

I spend every single day with my husband, and it has not become boring to me at all. But right now you've just got a girlfriend, so obviously you don't need to be spending every single day with each other.

Spend as much time with her as you want to. If it's too much for her, then let her know that she can communicate that to you and you can lay off if she needs more space.

Communication, man. Communi-fucking-cation! :p

15. I've been in a relationship for a while now, I don't spend everyday with him but a few times a week is good for both of us. We both agree this is right, sometimes I go a week without seeing him, although we live close to one another, as I just have too much work or schoolwork to do. I live by myself, too. Would I move in with him? As lovely as he is, no. I need my space - understanding what I need is great, you should too, because everyone is different.. Anyway..

I hate relationships where people wanna' spend everyday with one another. Keeping distant and not getting clingy is good. Keeps things exciting. It's good to text or call once and a while. Meet contact everyday but see one another less than that...

He doesn't smoke, I do. I don't smoke before I see him out of just respect.. We'll play games, like poker or Scrabble sometimes - or pac man or something that's cool.. Watch movies, cook.. Do stuff. It's not boring if you're constantly not with one another. What do you both like? Also, going to places, like field trips - even going to get groceries - keeps things different.

You shouldn't be worried about this types of stuff, but I'll go on.

Ultimately... Share stories about your life or your ideas. Ask advice. Seek feedback. Communicating with one another and constantly talking about goals and positive stuff and the future will make you both happy and keeps things fresh as it continues to show what type of person you're becoming to your loved one...

16. Cuddle. Seriously. I can't even begin to tell you of all the times I've just been down and wanted my hubby to cuddle with me. Or open doors for me. Little things can help a lot.

And be consistent. Don't do super special things at the beginning of your relationship and then just let it dull out.

Oh and never evvvvver pass the bowl to another female before your girl. That's just rude. Lol.

17. Really? That's a rule for some people? :confused:

We always just choose a direction (usually left) and stick to it. If there's someone in between me and my husband, I fully expect him to pass it to the person next to him and not skip everyone else just to pass it to me. That seems kinda rude. :p

18. [quote name='"junkiedays"']

Really? That's a rule for some people? :confused:

We always just choose a direction (usually left) and stick to it. If there's someone in between me and my husband, I fully expect him to pass it to the person next to him and not skip everyone else just to pass it to me. That seems kinda rude. :p[/quote]

It could just be an annoyance of mine. Lol.

19. #19 TOnlyKnownAlias, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2012
    Don't be scared, it's just pussy!

Sorry, blame it on the weed. But yeah, a ton of great advice has already been said. I would add that you will need to learn self-control when you guys inevitably fight. During my first serious relationship, I definitely said things that I wish I hadn't during the heat of the moment. The thing is, when you are young and inexperienced, little issues can blow up and it can be hard to put it in perspective. Sometimes it is best to walk away when it gets too heated, don't always try to get the last word in. Granted my girl at the time had a lot of unresolved issues and was very dramatic, but I know that I could have used more restraint when we argued.

Aside from sharing my biggest mistake in that first relationship, just love her. Talk about everything, share all your dreams and fears, don't be scared to give yourself to her. I hope you fall in love as much I did back then and I hope she feels the same way. Don't leave any stone unturned, it will be the greatest feeling in the world when you can completely be yourself and know that she wants to be with you for all the right reasons. Love her everyday, accept her faults, treat her like a queen, but also hold her accountable when she is wrong. Regardless what happens, know that life is long and you will be ok as long as you are true to yourself and her. Good luck brother!

20. [quote name='"TOnlyKnownAlias"']Don't be scared, it's just pussy!

Sorry, blame it on the weed. But yeah, a ton of great advice has already been said. I would add that you will need to learn self-control when you guys inevitably fight. During my first serious relationship, I definitely said things that I wish I hadn't during the heat of the moment. The thing is, when you are young and inexperienced, little issues can blow up and it can be hard to put it in perspective. Sometimes it is best to walk away when it gets too heated, don't always try to get the last word in. Granted my girl at the time had a lot of unresolved issues and was very dramatic, but I know that I could have used more restraint when we argued.

Aside from sharing my biggest mistake in that first relationship, just love her. Talk about everything, share all your dreams and fears, don't be scared to give yourself to her. I hope you fall in love as much I did back then and I hope she feels the same way. Don't leave any stone unturned, it will be the greatest feeling in the world when you can completely be yourself and know that she wants to be with you for all the right reasons. Love her everyday, accept her faults, treat her like a queen, but also hold her accountable when she is wrong. Regardless what happens, know that life is long and you will be ok as long as you are true to yourself and her. Good luck brother![/quote]

Best advice, props man!