Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tips for talking with my parents about weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Spitzz, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Any ideas what to say to them?

I want them to be chill with me smoking weed, so that I can smoke in the house (with the window open and air filter running), and not have to worry about telling lies any longer.

-I am an A and B student.
    -I've only been caught with alchy once. My mom was pretty ok with it but my dad acted like an asshole and bitched me out.
    -I'm on the student board and in many clubs which I excel at in school.
    -I've never done or care to try a drug. I only pefer herb.

Have you had this talk with your parents? What did you say and how did it start?

How did your parents feel before you talked to them?

2. Everybody is gonna tell you to show them the union. Sounds like you already put your material together.

3. Ya I'm kinda scared to make that leap of faith.

Took a LOF last night and asked out a girl and succeeded. I dunno if I'm gonna be 2 for 2 though. :D

4. DUDE WATCH THE UNION ON NETFlax

5. Talk to them about how you manage to keep those grades while smoking pot, and how responsible you are when you use it. Show them that you know what you're getting/you've gotten yourself into. If all else fails...The Union.

6. You gotta act like the subjects not awkward.

That's the best advice I can give.

I now blaze with my dad occasionally. Its sweet. And he got that dank!

7. Yeah confidence can sometimes steer others in your direction. In my eyes, if someone can display that smoking is a vice/hobby/casual part of their life, then I see no problem with it (assuming that the display proves that you can be responsible).

However, I am a rational person who does not have kids. To me being a (responsible and/or paranoid etc.) parent can cause more thought process altering than any drug.

8. The unions =]

9. I'm not gonna ask how old you are because I really don't care but if you're young your parents could freak out and be like "Holy shit our (put age here) is one those hard drugs that kill oh no!" be like I've got a job if you do my grades are good and I got a girl now I'm on the right track parents! But don't sound like you need weed for anything. Don't be like I need it to sleep I need it to relax. That can make you sound like a fiend even if you really do need it for those reasons

10. Do it if you want. Don't freak out if they say you can't do it anymore. My mom was like that, she made me quit. I did, but now I smoke everyday.

11. It all depends on your parents bro and how old you are... Me at the age of 14-20 I always denied smoking weed to them... Now at the age of 24 I shared a spliff with my dad and introduced to my mom her first bong rip and first time smoking all together.. I guess try to see if they did it when they were younger or something... Plus you always have the argument of being an A-B student.. Times are changing and they might have an open mind on the subject... My suggestion is if your gonna tell em' don't sound like an asshole if they don't agree and be respectful.. Good luck

12. I suggest talking to your mom first.

13. lulz.

14. I think the ideal situation of breaking the news to your parents is to have them catch you high, and let them see how weed really effects a person. Of course, if they're completely against weed and they catch you high you're fucked. We seem about the same age so when my mom asked if I was smoking I told her flat out that I was and all she had to say about it at first was to not let it leave the house. Its been a while now though so its different.

With not knowing the background on your parents though I'm not sure what I would suggest. Good luck either way

15. Tell them that you can smoke and get good grades then make a deal with them that if your grades drop you won't be able to smoke

16. I think if his dad cared about alcohol its not the grades that they were worrying about. Some people see weed and alcohol as even on the drug scale.