Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tips for quitting green and what to expect?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by B_bunny, Dec 21, 2015.

1. careful, you'll develop a vagina. which is ok if you're a woman.

2. That's it keep the useless posts coming. Bump the thread.

I wouldn't talk to any of you in person. I would avoid conflict and walk away. However since I can't walk away or block the people telling me that my symptoms aren't real I will settle for thinly veiled sarcasm in hopes it would discourage more pointless posts from people who still haven't experienced what I am talking about.The people who have responded are all people I asked SPECIFICALLY not to respond. I didn't want a debate. I didn't want the input of people who have no experience, I wanted to share experiences with others who have been through something similar.

Can only dream, huh?

At no point did I say I am confused by the fact it had a negative effect, I knew it would have a negative effect hence why I am here... asking for similar experiences.... which still not getting. My original post stated HEAVY SMOKER several times a day so no, I didn't state it later, I stated it from the start.

Please feel free to move along now as well now that you given me a digital spanking for my bad behavior.

3. 🎵🎶 LA LA LA LA OUCH! !! Lmao 😆

4. Wow. If you've been smoking heavily for a while and you stop you're going to have a few restless nights and feel a bit on edge for a day or two. In my experience this is worst the first day and then diminishes. For me it is no big deal and just something you wait out. It's not going to get worse and worse. You'll probably start to remember some crazy dreams now too. I have never experienced nausea from quitting smoking. In fact I have never heard of this. You mentioned that the nausea and inability to eat was one of the reasons you started smoking, so it's quite likely that unless you find a way to deal with the root cause of this nausea, continuing to smoke might be your best option. Give it a few more days for the learning experience ( I know you're worried ) just so you know what's what. Right now you don't know if what you're feeling is because you're coming off a dependency or if it's because you just quit taking the only medication that will make you feel right.

5. Thanks Mickey.

I am getting nausea but it is nothing compared to how bad it was when I was diagnosed with the stomach condition. It is bad but I think I can manage it without the weed. I would like to try at least.

My surgeon wants me to stop as well, he blames all my problems on the smoking (even though I started AFTER getting sick) so I need to get off it before I see him again. At the very least the weed is contributing to my acid issues which causes a lot of shitty symptoms.

The listed symptoms for it are nausea, vomiting, irritability, mood swings, decreased appetite and gastrointestinal upset. Those were the most common ones I found throughout the research papers I was reading but yeah it seems like only a smaller portion of people actually get withdrawals and even then they don't get all the symptoms, just a handful. Heavy smokers obviously get it more often then casual smokers.

Mostly people reported that it lasted for a few weeks and was worse at about 5 days or so but I am glad to hear that it was only the worst for the first day for you.

I haven't dreamed since I started smoking so I am a little curious to see how vivid the dreams will be when they return.

I don't want to quit weed completely. I would like to smoke occasionally on special events and such.

When you quit, did you stop completely for a long period or did you just cut it way back to once a month or something? My tolerance is through the roof as well and I was wondering if I tried to quit as I am and then decide in a week or two I desperately need one for the nausea, will that bring back the withdrawal symptoms ya think to the same severity as now?

6. Put the water and green tea right to ya, and deal with it. You should be good in a few day's. A week at the most. I was on pain meds for year's, I got sick of them so I quit. After two week's, I was good.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it. B)

7. Haha, good on ya Guod for quitting.

Unfortunately I can't have tea :(

Caffeine in it does terrible stuff to my stomach. I pretty much only drink water (and have rediscovered small amounts of vodka now that my stomach is on the mend!) and can't have any soft drinks, coffee etc.

I really miss caffeine.

Water is probably the better option anyway :p

8. What you are feeling is real for you. Pretty much I can only speak for myself. I've been smoking for close to forty five years now. Longest break was about a year. When I have it I tend to smoke every day. My understanding is that the body responds to heavy usage by reducing the number of cannabinoid receptor sites on cell surfaces. So that's why I don't get as high as I'd like after smoking heavily for a week or two. Intermittent smoking doesn't have the same effect on tolerance. Of course this relates to the psychoactive effects I'm chasing. Other effects may not fit this tolerance pattern for all I know.

Searching the medical literature for info on canna medical effects is a mixed bag. So many people have an agenda and it shows. Stating negative effects will keep you in funding if you're a researcher. And on the other extreme you have users who treat their dependency like a religion and are willfully blind to any possible negatives.

Have never heard of cannabis use leading to increased stomach acidity. Can't say it's not true though. Different people react differently. Your mileage may vary.

9. I haven't read everything folks wrote but maybe you should just ween yourself off of cannabis. Sounds like you went cold turkey while adding some pharma drugs. I'd suggest you avoid pharma drugs for relatively simple symptom relief and go with natural remedies.

My suggestion is:

Incrementally smoke less (once a day or whatever makes sense).
    Drink sleepytime extra or swallow melatonin pill(s) for sleep.

10. #30 killset, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2015
    I take regular tbreaks, longest being over a year while still growing. Its super easy for some but your making it hard almost impossible on yourself. Apparently you're struggling, so the absolute worse place to be is a weed forum dedicated to those who smoke and grow weed. You have almost no will power being around cannabis sites, paraphanalia, smoking friends/ places, anything related to cannabis is going to make your job harder. Any form of rehab or treatment will stress 3 main things as relapse prevention.....people , places and things. You have to give it all up if its a struggle. For you it seems to be a huge struggle

12. You gone nuts killset?

13. I definitely agree with you on the medical agenda part when it comes to some research. It is really frustrating because there are just as many people who say that it is completely safe with zero side effects and that is just as wrong. If we had some middle ground in there then perhaps others could recognise some of the negative effects that weed has on their life and with the right research we could develop programs to help people reclaim some control.

Though all the people I have met that are hard core smokers and oblivious to the risks all tend to have deeper issues at hand anyway then just wanting to be stoned 24/7.

I've always had a really bad time on (prescription) drugs and tend to get the worst of the side effects so maybe this is just another gift my body is giving me :p

I definitely have seen a lot of anecdotal evidence about withdrawal effects though. I was very much a person who believed that cannabis didn't really have any side effects but I record all my symptoms (moods, food, toileting, pain, sleep etc) so I have pretty clear evidence of what it is doing to me. I just didn't really think I could quit yet so have been putting it off.

I never heard of the cannabis and stomach acidity either but that's what ALL of my doctors have been saying to me so at some point I guess I have to put my faith in these men with more training. One of them explained it to me once, something about the vaped cannaboids mingling with the stomach acids and creating increased acid. I am not going to pretend to understand it but at the end of the day there isn't any benefit to continue smoking aside recreation at this point anyway.

Plus this is in Australia soooo a ounce costs me $380. Shit aint cheap yo!
    Still cheaper then one of the anti-emetics the doc wanted to give me though....

Thanks for your feedback. I'm going to keep writing down my symptoms in my planner to see how rapidly they improve.
    Hopefully it will be just a few days like you experienced.

Could be worse right? I know a guy that smokes 17 ounces a week or so (dabs and shit too) and now his doctors have told him he can't stop because it's trashed the serotonin in his brain x.x
    Do not ask me how it is physically possible to smoke that much, I have no idea how he does it but assume it's in oils.

Least all I am getting is a few restless nights and a crook tummy. :p

14. nope its petty self explanatory

16. Withdrawl will always have different effects on people, depending on their reason for usage. I smoke to fight depression and lost motivation to do anything whatsoever when I was dry for a week. The biggest tip for quitting any substance is to acknowledge that YOU are in control of your consumption. It's certainly easier said than done, but the only way to stop using something is to, well... stop. Cut back from daily to weekly use and you'll eventually realize that it's not nessecary at all. Now if only I could follow my own advice [​IMG]

17. IS it killset? I dint think it is at all. What's the crack?

18. Hey Aguy.

I did wean myself down first. I went from 2 ounces a fortnight and cut that in half. I then switched from smoking several times a day to just in the mornings when the nausea is at it's worse and I can't eat at all. I could try stopping for a few days and just having a smoke and I very well may do that if the nausea is too bad. At this point I am just waiting to see.

I actually DID try melatonin first as I was weaning myself off it at night. It did absolutely nothing for me unfortunately and I lay awake the entire night for several nights.

Because of my stomach I only get about 6 hours sleep a night before it wakes me up. Sleep is the only thing I can semi manage and I desperately need to not fall apart. I am not willing to give that up. The pharma drugs I am on I only have a small amount of, I don't have any adverse affects to and I have used frequently before and is also been prescribed under the care of a doctor who is aware of my entire medical history as well as the reason I wanted it :)

Hey Killset.

Coming to this forum does absolutely nothing for me XD I am not a "stoner". I don't understand stoner culture, I don't hang out with other stoners. I don't have an addiction to it I have a dependency. So regardless of whether I am here or not won't really make a difference.

To be honest I have zero cravings for a smoke and haven't had any all day. I was never someone to come home and desperately crave or feel like I needed to smoke beyond meal times. I am not struggling at all with the lack of weed I am struggling with what my body is doing to itself because of the lack of weed :p I still have a ounce sitting in the lounge room next to my vape with zero desire to touch it.

It's a physical thing not a mental one. But thank you for your concern, I am pretty confident in my ability to quit, I was just curious if others had experienced withdrawal symptoms similar and what their coping mechanism's were. :)

19. If you have zero cravings to smoke why the hell are you on here asking for tips to stop? Your making it sound like you're struggling but apparently like me, its easy for you. What your body is doing to you is all in your head.

20. Hi Killset.

As I have explained previously there is a difference between dependency and addiction. I am not struggling with a desire to smoke I am struggling with the withdrawal symptoms of not smoking (irritability, insomnia, possible nausea). These don't motivate me to smoke beyond the desire to make them stop which is a lot easier to resist then a real addiction.

Why am I on here asking for tips? Because I want to connect with others who have experienced the same? What is it to you if I wish to talk about it with others?