Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tips for not freaking out when smoking?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by azulas, Sep 19, 2018.

1. I've been smoking weed on and off for a year or so and I had a bad experience with edibles where I threw up and greened out a few months ago. Ever since when I get high my brain goes to that one experience & freaks out?
    Like rationally I know I've never thrown up from smoking, I only ever got sick once, but my anxiety is so shit it hyper focuses on that and I have a mild panic for like the first hour or so of smoking. When it wears off a bit I feel amazing and chill, I just hate that first hour. It's even worse in groups.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else who's got anxiety has some tips on not freaking out so much.

2. Our Meds are self prescribed. Do not let others determine dosage for you. You have gone too far. Try going under a few times and adjust dosage accordingly. Welcome to adulthood.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Don't smoke if already feeling anxious or bad about it. MJ will amplify this. You kind of need to retrain your brain's train of thought regarding that. When the thoughts start you need to just be like "no" and stop it. Look around at objects, close your eyes and count to ten, plan music or find some form of distraction. Eventually the thought will be gone from your mind and stop reoccurring.

4. #4 wola, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    Happened to me for awhile after I took a cpl week break. I was more hyper focusing on my heart, an anxiety I have I hate thinking or even looking at hearts and feeling my heart beat, hearing it. Bothers me. This one batch I smoked after the break fucked me up and I could hear my heart pounding sitting down (after one hit). And after an hour or so I’d chill.
    That was a really shitty time but I kept at it knowing itd get better. Keep smoking fix your doses. It may take a little while.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Embrace the feeling, learn to enjoy the rush in heart beat and make the experience your bitch.

Focus on the details of the event and come to terms that you won't die. Just take it slow.

:pimp:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yea that too its really tough though I’ve tried multiple times, it’s like trying to pull yourself up over a high ledge that you don’t have the strength for

7. Your a lightweight just like my wife is and get used to it and know when to pass the pipe on without taking a hit off of it.
    Even after 40 years together and smoking the herb I'll see her about to take a second or third toke and I'll stop her and say do you really want that. She'll focus on me and hand it back saying OHhh No I'm good.

To much and she gets paranoid and doesn't have fun. Just a single hit or 2 if it's weak goods is all she needs to be dialed in.

Edibles ROCK but can turn ugly if you go overboard true enough. I do 99.5 of my Cannabis edible oil style and it's usually dialed just right but even I can misjudge and get surprised and wind up so ripped I'm unable to stand and on the verge of blacking out. Not sleeping out but amped passing out.
    Don't let one bad trip keep them from you. Man (or Woman) up and try again. The best way is to know your edible (make them yourself) and dose small and work up to a good time. Takes some experimentation to find that sweet spot with edibles but once you find it it's the Bees Knees.
    BNW

8. Let it consume you. And find power in helplessness.

If course I'm talking high so take it as a couple mechinisims.