Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tincture reduction

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Coffeybean94, Jul 6, 2022.

1. My current setup, approx 5oz of everclear tincture, window open with a fan across the room on low. Current temperature 74 degrees. Will this setup be ok to leave overnight in hopes of reducing some of my tincture or could I risk water getting into the tincture? Could I potentially have some reduction by tomorrow or should I not waste the time and just keep the everclear in? Any help greatly appreciated!

[​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

I use just enough Alcohol to cover the Decarbed Cannabis and shake well. If you used 190 proof then you can reduce but if the tincture was strong to start with it really isn't needed.

If you used 155 Proof then the higher water content will make a mess as you try and reduce with the Cannabis oil bits floating on top as black specks.

Sample it as it currently is before taking further steps.

BNW

3. You'll have no problem leaving it overnight. When I reduced by evaporation, I would place my mason jar in a closed cupboard and would lose approx. 15 ml/day.

4. By this theory, if I used a smaller amount of flower (4-7 grams) could I use approx 1oz of everclear per wash, ending with a goal 2oz?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I don't see why not. Try it both ways and see which gives the best results.

BNW

6. Alcohol will absorb moisture from the air but unless it's cooled a lot by forced air evaporation it won't absorb that much. You could also go ahead and put the fan on it until all the alcohol and water has evaporated then add a little fresh everclear to turn the remaining oily gunk back into tincture. If you go that way, be warned that after the alcohol has evaporated and before the water evaporates it's going to look pretty yukky, a whitish dark greenish gunky oil slick looking mass. Ignore that and continue to evap the water and it'll turn out fine when you add the fresh alcohol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1