Times when you felt like "man, I'm growing up..."

Discussion in 'General' started by Stevie Ray Bong, Apr 22, 2010.

1. I'm 21, btw

- When I was 16 and just got my license, the next day I clearly remember walking through my h.s. hallway swinging my new keychain around :D in retrospect I must have looked like a douche

- Whenever I do my tax returns... its such a horrible taste of the real world

- When my cousin died last summer and I gave the eulogy at his funeral... I felt like a real man afterwards. Shirt and tie and everything, and I gave it my best shot :(

2. Theres going to be a moment in your life when the phrase "kids these days.." pops up in your head without you even thinking about it.

Thats when your all grown up :(

3. Yeah I feel the same a lot. I got my first reality check when I payed my first month of rent back at 18. Three years I was buying cigs, now this year I'm buying booze. Time went by super fast.

4. Meh.

When I was 9 I saw an extremely burnt corpse being put into an ambulance. Horrible scene.

The first time I downed 7 jello shots, 3 shots of vodka and 4 shots of triple sec. (First time consuming alcohol, I did not spew.. surprisingly.)

When I lived in the woods for a period of time.

Mmm.. Can't remember anything else.

5. When my teeth fall out and I've had a hemorrhoid for 9 years.

6. I recently realized that I've been living on my own for 6 months now, and never once missed or even came close to missing the rent.

When I realized I could start saving money. :]

7. When I look to the left, and then look to the right, and I'm on my own. I miss the days when life was sooo great...now I am grown, in hell, and life sucks, not to mention most all people. :(

8. Today.

I turned 20 and I'm just like "Damn, I'm old. This sucks."

I used to want to grow up so fast but now that I'm here, I just wanna be young again. I'm a sophomore in college and I have an internship this summer during the day and work at night. It's just crazy. I'm so surprised at how fast I actually grew up. This birthday is more of a "Damn this sucks." kinda birthday then an "OH YEAH SWEET ONE YEAR CLOSER TO BUYING BOOZE LMAO LOL ROFL YEAH!!!"

9. The other day, i was riding my bike home from campus and i passed a high school that was just getting out. All the kids seemed so much younger and smaller than me... i'm only about 2 years older than the oldest ones, but just seeing them reminded me of my high school days... made me feel old man

10. think i realized im an adult when i went to jail...

11. :rolleyes:

12. Tried to get you some bday rep but it wont let me :(. Soon!

And I'm in a similar boat. I'm 21, will turn 22 this November. I still live at home and stuff because my college is literally 15 mins away, and I dont want to have to pay rent/food/all that shit if I dont have to. But my GF and I (we've been together 2 years) signed a lease together and are moving in together July 10...and this is what helped me realize I'm growing up. But on top of that being in college, having 2 jobs, paying cell phone bill and all that, having to actually STUDY for college (opposite of HS lol), having to pay taxes, all that shit. It's crazy, and it scares me - but at the same time I've learned to embrace and enjoy it. Life is just one big journey that never stops. There are different chapters, but they all go to the same book :).

13. Realizing that I'll have a real job in a few years. Shit just got real.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, must start taking life seriously.

14. When i realized ive been having a full time job for almost 4 years now.

Thinking back and realizing how lame highschool was.

My back hurts.

15. Heh, some of the stuff in this thread so far makes me laugh. Seeing the down payment for the house I'm buying this summer sitting in the bank makes me feel grown up in the best kinda way. I'm thinking there may be enough in there soon for an engagement ring too!

The first few days after my son was born made me feel fuckin' old.

16. #16 Stoogemeister, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2010

thats some good shit right there man

regret and nostalgia are probably some of the worst emotions to occur in your soul. I dunno why but i always get this sense of nostalgia when i think back to the past, or see pictures in an old dusty photo album, of how things used to be. and then comes the waves of regret, wave after wave, slamming me like a nail being driven into wood.

Its like no matter what conclusions you come to, no matter what goals you set for yourself, your still just lost. Lost lost lost lost lost and then comes the day when you die, and if you havent found SOMETHING ,or SOMEONE, its all for nothing in my opinion.

With that said, im going to walk to the beach through the darkness of night and hopefully i will find something out there that will be beneficial in some way

god fucking bless, every one of you lost souls

17. The first time I jerked off. I was a new person after that day.

18. When 18 year olds started to look young to me.

19. When I stopped caring about what people were thinking and more about why they were thinking.

20. when i applied for my bachelors degree today. get it in december. time flies :eek: