Timer failure..2 hours extra light a problem?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Numbness2005, Oct 2, 2011.

1. #1 Numbness2005, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2011
    Hey guys I got a phone call at 1 this morning from my mate telling
    That my timer had failed and lights were still on 1 hour and 50 mins after they should have gone off.

I asked him to switch them off for me and back on again at 11am when they were due to come on.

I am currently about 3 weeks into flower could that extra two hours potentially of messed things up I'm super paranoid about them turning hermi on me? Thanks gc

2. 1 off chances NO try not let it happen again buy a good timer as cheap ones dont last?What strain is it?

3. [quote name='"herb ballistic"']1 off chances NO try not let it happen again buy a good timer as cheap ones dont last?What strain is it?[/quote]

Hey thanks man got one great White shark one semi auto unknown genetics and one mystery bag seed.... Hopefully you're right and they'll all be fine.
    Any more opinions at all?

4. One occurrence of additional light will not cause any problems. Repeated interruption of the dark cycle is what causes problems. Do not worry too much, and there is nothing you can do even if it is a problem. There is way too much hermi hysteria on this forum. This is only problematic for flowering plants, not plants in the veg state.

PW

5. [quote name='"pointswest"']One occurrence of additional light will not cause any problems. Repeated interruption of the dark cycle is what causes problems. Do not worry too much, and there is nothing you can do even if it is a problem. There is way too much hermi hysteria on this forum. This is only problematic for flowering plants, not plants in the veg state.

PW[/quote]

Thanks dude I hear you. Btw am flowering lol cheers though man sure theyll be ok.

6. Any ideas on a good timer guys all the ones I see all look similar and are the same sort of price???

7. [quote name='"Numbness2005"']Any ideas on a good timer guys all the ones I see all look similar and are the same sort of price???[/quote]

We use Titan inline timers..they are about 40 bucks or so.
    Apollo 4 I think they are called.
    They are built to last.

SignSmoker