Time to harvest?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Fukkthemainstream, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Hello. I haven't posted much on here recently. I have two plants going, outdoors in pots. My first grow got ripped up by squirrels, so I basically had to restart mid-July. :( My new plants only grew for a month or so, before beginning to flower. One started right away, and the other is probably about 1/3 of the way through flower. The photos that I have attached, are of the plant that is furthest into flower. I can't seem to find my magnifying glass, and haven't gone out to get another yet. I figure they may need a few more days, but how do you guys think they're looking, as far as harvest goes? Advice appreciated.

Thanks,
    Cheyenne
    20180913_113330.jpg 20180913_113344.jpg 20180913_113352.jpg 20180913_113358.jpg 20180913_113428.jpg

2. nope.... several weeks left! just wait patiently

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. That long eh?! Last year was my first grow, and I had to harvest early because of the start of powdery mildew, so I've never reached the end before. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. when-to-harvest-cannabis-diagram.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Great! Thanks guys! :)

6. I definitely see why it will be a little longer, now. When I took the photos, there were a decent amount of red hairs, but in the last couple of days the buds have grown much more, and now have a much higher ratio of white hairs. Thanks again, for the advice!

• Like Like x 1
  7. start checking trich's at the end of this month.!

• Like Like x 1
  8. There are some things you can doto speed up the process. Make so e co2 bombs. Co2 speeds up the flowering process and also makes for larger yeilds. Its also very cheap to make. Light can also havean impact as spectrum has a large impactas well. Therearea few tricks using amendments you can use as well as addingnitrogen during flower as well as molasses can aid in development of buds and resin production.

Even nice cold water can aid in faster development. Cold water carriesmore oxygen to the roots, supercharging your girl.

Lastly, having all of this available to your plant at al times is where it shines. You ca do this bymaking your own medium. Youll never have to ph your water again. If youd like to see what its like, i have a recipe and current growusing this method, but there are hundreds of recipes online too. Its cheaper than bottled nutes and gives hydro results.

As far as harvesting goes, if you like the head high, harvest a little earlier.if you like a body shigh, harvest later. Its finished when you want her to be.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks! I like the head high more, personally. I would like to harvest as soon as she is ready. I don't want to risk ending up with couch-lock weed. Lol I have a second plant that is not even half way through budding yet, so I have another chance to perfect the timing, if I don't get it quite right the first time. Appreciate all of the suggestions!

10. Hello! I'm looking for some opinions on if my girl is ready to be snipped. The magnifying glass that I bought is shit. Next year I'll get a loupe, but for this year I'm gonna go by the ratio of hairs. To me, there appears to be around 60-70% red hairs. I'd like a second, more experienced opinion. I am avoiding couch lock like the plague, so to me, too early is better than too late. I don't want to clog up the site with yet another new thread, so if I post the updated photos here, would any of you guys take a look for me?

11. yes we will look,
    this is the time of year that indicas start to finish.!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Woohoo! Lol This plant screams sativa to me. It does not have a strong smell, but smells a tad floral. It is the taller of the two, and had very long, lanky fan leaves, few and far between. The buds also look short of fluffy to me. My other plant is short and bushy, with fat leaves, smells quite strongly of citrusy skunk, and has loads of sugar leaves in the dense buds. They're polar opposites. Lol 20181003_123422_HDR.jpg 20181003_123452_HDR.jpg 20181003_123501_HDR.jpg
    I find the Orange hairs more prominent in person, than the photos.

13. ^^ seeds??

14. if she is Sativa she may have weeks more of flower, might need to give her a little Phosphorous boost, but it kinda looks too late for the extra P.....?????

next crop hit em with a high P booster right before they start to swell.!
    there won't be any purple leaves.!

15. Do you mean, what kind of seeds did they start as? If so, I do not know. A buddy of mine gave me about 40 bag seeds. It said pink lemonade, but a lot of the weed around here comes from dispensaries, and they just name it whatever the hell they feel like. It could be anything.

16. Is that what the deal is with the purple?! I actually posted a whole seperate thread about that. Lol Makes sense. I eased off on the nutes a little early, because I thought I was closer to the finish line. Once I realized they had a little longer, I gave some more, but stopped again. I didn't want to end up with crap tasting weed. I have some potash powder. It probably is too late though. Might not be too late for my other plant though.
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1