Time to harvest? (pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Swisha House, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Fairly simple question - just wondering if the plant pictured is ready to harvest. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Nope. Looks like she is around week 4-5 of flower. You got a long way to go. Give us some pics in three weeks.

She look healthy and happy, good luck.

3. Wow, good thing I asked.

One more thing if I may. Is there any actual pictures of buds the day of harvest while still on the plant? This would help me gauge which time it is ready.

4. lol i'm glad you asked too...

ummmm..... theres gotta be some harvesting pictures in the grass city photo gallery.
    and since you seem to be a begginer i just wanna let you know. make sure you know how to cure the weed... look it up

5. The best way to gauge is with a 30x or greater microscope.

I use this one:
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2179604

Best 13 quid I've ever spent.

You're looking for the trics
    http://www.stonerforums.com/lounge/growfaq/1529_files/sp2r500w.jpg

to turn from clear to cloudy to amber. I cut the moment I see one tric turn dark(ish), some people wait longer. Once you notice the red dying pistols (hairs) are outnumbering the freesh new white pistols; you're getting close and should check day-by-day.

Really, this is all acedemic. Unless you have some auto-flower/Franken-fruit strain, there isn't any need to start checking until you get around 8 weeks of 12/12.

Even better advice would be to search "Rumpleforeskin" or "August West" on this site
    >read everything they write
    >jot it down in a notebook or something
    >read it again
    ....and you'll be fine:)

6. #6 Swisha House, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2008
    Auntiesocial, thanks for the RS microscope idea. Actually used there site to see if the local store had it in stock - which it did - so I went out and bought it. A little harder to focus then my jewelers loop, but it was 15-20x or something. Thanks again, and expect a update in 2-3 weeks.

Update - 11.30.2008

Got some new pictures and wanted to see what you guys think at this point. Close up there is some amber trichomes, but most I see are not as clear as in the guides. (some beginners uncertainty) Anyway new pictures below... Thanks.

One more thing if I may - can anyone identify the strain? It's a bag seed so I really don't know, but I have 3 clues. Obviously the pictures, it is of the Indica strain (dense, bushy growth), and unusually low odor. You can smell the bud from a inch away and you only get a faint planty smell. In fact the only time it had an odor was mainly during the veg cycle and it was a skunky smell. Again don't strain the brain, but it would be interesting the identify the strain.

Attached Files:

7. ^^^Bump. Just snapped some new pics take a look above.^^^

8. are the buds dense? post pics of the whole plant . how old is it?