Time to be happy - New Year Message

Discussion in 'General' started by J.Blaze, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Hey everyone. 

This is the final excerpt of a book i'm almost finished with called ' A month and a half to change a Life' which is about an outcast ( myself) who changes his life in his short time at college. I've been thinking a lot on this night and although it's messy and not put together well I think  it really reflects an average human who is just reminiscing about the past year so here you go.

December 31<sup>st</sup>, 2014 – 6:48 pm

So here we are. Sitting in my room, watching an episode of Futurama, waiting for my brother to come home so New Year's Eve can begin. This night isn't really a time to look back, for some it's too painful, too sad or simply forgettable. Others however, had the greatest year of their lives and I'm in this exclusive category. I went from Dating a girl at work, to asking her to prom, to leaving her for a childhood friend, to telling her “I love you”, to leaving her, to barely graduating, to go to college, to meeting new friends, to finding someone special, to being socially accepted, to being told I can't attend school anymore, to dropping out, to changing majors, to realizing what I need to do. I always start a new year with one particular thought, “What could possibly happen next?” Could I finally find love? Could I drop out of school completely? Will I make changes in my life? That's what keeps me going, is the love of not knowing. If I knew everything that was to happen next, what would be the point of living? You never know when things are going to finally look up for you. I lost everything in 2014, but gained so much. With the loss of friends came the gift of acceptance. With the loss of education came the gift of wisdom. With the gift of loneliness came the gift of patience. I sit here, locked in my cage of a room, typing this with a heavy weight in my heart. To leave behind all of my friends, customs and memories is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I always was one to hang onto my memories and those memories tend to eat me alive, wanting to bring me back to the past. When we dwell on what was, we are unable to focus on what will.
    My final thought is that life is too short to work hard, stress out and make lots of money. Let me explain, too many people's lives are dedicated to just making tons of money but they never see what they truly want. If I were to just go into whatever I thought people wanted me to do, then I can't imagine I would be able to live, because a life without happiness is not very much of a live worth lived. For once, instead of staying in New Hampshire I want to go out west, explore a whole new place with new opportunities. I want to start something big, something that I can do and also kick my shoes off at the end of the day and sip a cold beer with friends. Although this may permanently distance me from those I care so much for, It's something I'm willing to do in order to find a whole new life and make something of myself. All I ask is that you take some time out of your life to consider what it is you truly desire. We only have a few years left, make em' count. 

Happy New Years Everyone

2. You're not really a good writer.

3. Wasn't saying I was, just wanted to get a message across for the new year.