Time going too fast

Discussion in 'General' started by BGreen420, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Am i the only one who thinks this year is fucking flying by. I dont know, but recently i feel like time is going by WAY too fucking fast. Its gotten to the point where it's freaking me out. Why? I seriously remember new years eve like it was JUST the other day and now its AUGUST 6th! Shit i remember when it was August 1st lol. Am i trippin' or does anyone else feel like time is just flying on by. I miss the way time felt when i was younger and in high school and shit. When time actually seemed like it went at a normal pace.

2. Well, now that you put that thought in my head, and I'm thinking about it, yes, we're both trippin plus it's true that the older you get, the faster time seems to move. When I'm really high, though, I can slow it down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The older you get the faster time moves, it only gets worse. I don't even know where the last 10 years have gone, I feel like I was just 18.

4. dude I was just talking about this

5. Once you get around 18/20 your perception of time speeds up, I don't have the source to this claim(its around somewhere) but it makes perfect sense. I know for me high school felt like an eternity(nevermind that I did extra time there Lol) but now shit goes by like nothing.

Feel like as a kid your being groomed into this world so the process feels like forever, then they spit you out into the system and time warps right by you Lol.

6. yea 30-35 seemed like a year to me

7. Your capacity to learn either slows down, or greatly improves, once maturity of the brain has fully developed into the character of being that you are today. For example, I wasn't a stoner at 16 years old, but I had a job. At 18, had a job and became a stoner. at 26, no job, still a stoner, but life seems shittier because I can't stop it from moving on with or without me [​IMG]

8. It seems as if time is moving faster.

9. To me it's like in the old movies where they show the pages coming off the calendar....

starts out slow and turns into a blur as they fly off faster and faster......

10. it's weird. I was just talking about it to a friend at work. It's like the days and weeks are flipping by like in the movie "Time Machine" when the guy speeding off into the future. Even months seem to be zipping by noticeably faster in my perception.

Ok - it's perception coupled with aging and all that I guess, but it's weird the way it's become so noticeable to so many people, even to the point of causing them to comment about it,.

Maybe earth is moving through a warped region of spacetime where the distortion is entirely in the time "direction". [not really. Just talkin shit...]

11. Wow. Interesting. Do you regret being a stoner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Not in the slightest! If anything I somewhat regret not starting sooner, because many of my close neighborhood friends started many years before me (like middle school...) and so I always felt left out while playing my videogames in my room like a lonely abandoned child. And to this day, that is still a major part of my indifference to leaving my room. As I branched out more with weed, I found more crucial connections in life that are essential to networking and being happy in my natural state of hyperactivity. Weed is not the main driver of my life, but an exemplary motivational factor that gets me going on a daily basis.

13. Of course I didn't mean to imply time actually speeds up. :p

14. I have no concept of time...But day doesn't seem to be changing into night any faster, but I'm no scientist either.

I just play one on TV.[​IMG]

15. No time going by so slow for me, a year feels like 5 years

16. By any chance, do you have relative Canines in your family? could be an answer to that one.. lol jk [​IMG]

17. Yea it has gone pretty fast.
    feels like we just celebrated xmas.

Soon be here again

18. Its called getting older.

As a young child an hour seemed like an eternity because your concious mind had not yet grown accustomed to the "idea" of time. You had only experienced a small fragment of time.

Now that youre older one hour is a blink of an eye compared to the decades youve sat through.

19. Past few days have been flying by only because I have actually been occupied

But yeah OP this year has seemed to fly by for me as well.

20. #20 M369, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2015
    It's because you do less things that are new as you get older. Therefore you do not hold on to the memories of every day life like you do when you are younger. I believe it has more to do with memory, rather than the perception of time itself.

For example: When you are younger you are constantly experiencing and learning new things. First day of School, first girlfriend, first kiss, first football game.... you get the idea. These are generally the memories that leave a lasting impression in your mind. You remember these things because they were a new and exciting experience. So thinking back you have more key things to remember and less gaps.

Waking up, driving to work, working, eating pizza. These aren't memories that are going to leave a lasting impression in your memories. Many people will look back and realise they can't even remember what they did 2 weeks ago. More than likely because it was the same as the 2 weeks before that. Your brain forgets these gap fillers.

Don't let your life turn in to gap fillers.

It's true when they say do something new every day. Put the bong down and keep the memories alive. Next time you blink you could be 80 and wondering where the hell life went.