Time, God, the Universe and...

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by bluehex, May 24, 2007.

1. Since there have been so many threads going up recently about spiritual things, I would like to share my thoughts on the subject and then open the floor to anyone who has something to add. Thanks, and here goes 1 years worth of thinking condensed into one thread (these things bother me constantly throughout my days)
    Time/Spirituality
    God
    The Universe

(1)
    Time and Spirituality are created by humans, for humans. I believe that we created these things so that we could explain the unexplainable and simply block out our "time" for things that we need and want to do. Time is simply a physical measure of how many times the earth spins around its axis. Although, another interesting aspect of time is that it creates aging. Aging is simply a degradation of the biological systems within our body, and it can be slowed down but not stopped. Cells are created and therefore they die, which is a universal "law" in my opinion. The moment we are born, we are condemned to death. But in order to figure out what these things are, we need to understand their definitions.
    The problem with modern day philosophy, is that people cannot ask the right questions and they are looking for answers in the wrong way. For example, if someones asks "how old is the earth" that question cannot be answered in a universal sense and it will simply result in a numeric answer (which both time, and numbers were created by humans to organize themselves). In order to find the answers, we need to ask the right questions.

(2) God is also a figment of our creation, as we have no solid proof of "him" in my opinion. I do believe in a greater being, because there is simply no other explanation to give a theory of how everything and anything came to be. Another good Question to consider is: How did God come about, what was there before God and how was He created. After all, everything that is created, has a creator.

(3) The Universe is a huge empty vacuum. It can be compared to a vacuum cleaner very easily (ironically). The particles inside the vacuum represent the universe, and everything outside the universe represents what we do not know about. In order for something to exist, it has to have limits. Without these limits, nothing can exist. Another way to explain this would be to think about why the laws of physics exist. The laws of physics define physical movement, but what is physical movement but a change in time and space. Basically, what is outside the universe, because nothingness is not an option.

No I am not stoned writing this, i'm just a confused and perplexed person writing what I think and hoping for some reflection.
    Thanks.

2. Religion can't be heald the the confines of your mind. Religion steps out of the natural into the supernatural. God is, according to the bible, which is the only evidence we have of him, able to do anything. Thus making it possible for him to live forever, and have been here forever. To be created you must have a creator but this creates a problem. Either way you look at it, it continues to go back and back. God has been here forever but if he was created then who created the creator... it goes on forever.

Religion without science would make it to easy, and science without religion wouldn't make things fun. To accept religion you have to step out of the conformed ideas of our time. It's like a journey. ;)

3. I am starting to dislike religious people at my college very much because they dont see the whole picture that hex is throwing down on the table. Especially my theology professor who believes that we all have a purpose in life that we must fufill to reach heaven. Honestly, I do not see how there can be a God because the universe is so old and big that I do not see how God, if there is a God, could care about individual people in this one small spot of the universe in this small section of time. Religion and Time were both fabricated by man to instill some sort of order in the world and since they are made by man they cannot be see in a universal sense, which is why I like where hex is going with this thread.

4. Says who ?

God or what you believe a Higher Power doesn't necessarily have to be created. God just always existed, humans have not. God was not created.

5. And you know because?

6. Humanity shows a starting point.

7. Oh boy, this post gave me a headache.

You got some good substance in there, but your science is all wrong.