Throwing up from coughing

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Danerrr, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Does anyone ever do this? It's been happening to me a lot lately. It used to never happen. I smoke regularly about an ounce to a half ounce a week depending on who I hang out with. But I know people who have been smoking for 5 years habitually who have never done it. I've only been smoking for about 2 or a little less than. It's especially bad on blunts. Blunts I'll cough my ass off on every single hit and it's not enjoyable at all. :(

2. bahahaha...this happens to a friend of mine every now and then, its fucking hilarious, cause like he has to make sure hes near a trashcan incase he ralphs. and it always starts with like guttural painful sounding coughs and burps then he just like fucking has some godzilla decibel burp and hes trying not to laugh and it makes me rofl

3. One of my friends used to do this every time he got high til like his 10th time, I personally have only done it after eating a shitload of food and really fucked up on my old pills.I did it one other time just from being high as fuck

4. Haha I too have the friend who does this. I think it's really about genetics and how tough your lungs are. Also depending on how you control coughing and what kindove piece you use!! Bongs are expensive for a reason

5. Only happens when I rip the ever loving shit out of a bong, just cough a bunch which somehow or another forces the contents of my stomach up

6. One day your body will say "Enough tar and smoke plz." and as a natural way to detox you will vomit during a fit of coughing. Cut down, exercise more, eat better. Go on a detox, I suggest Vemma or Dr Miller's Holy Tea.

7. Get some exercise, I am a daily smoker and I never cough, but I also have a hard job and I train on the boxing bag. Your body isn't a robot that has never ending youth energy

8. Only once when i had mono, although itd happen almost every time the gf took a hit when she had it.

9. When I was a bad alcoholic I would. Not these days. I got a buddy who throws up if he smokes without fresh air, like a fan and open window. It kinda pisses me off because he pukes in my sink or trash. On the upside if he hits the sink I get my dishes done.

10. Look up Post Tussive Emesis.
    I hate it.

11. Has happened a few times. I've found out it's mostly from swallowing smoke by overdoing a hit. Which is why I always take small rips. Conserves bud anyways.

12. #12 travilanche, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
    This happens to me occasionally even if I haven't smoked anything. Sometimes a massive cough just makes me throw up. I think it is related to my acid reflux disease. I have it bad enough I actually have prescriptions for it.

So if this is a problem that you keep having you might want to see a doctor. Could be that you have acid in your throat that is always looking for an excuse to get out.

BTW...if you smoke as much as you say you do, you will not notice your acid reflux symptoms because cannabis does such an amazing job of masking the symptoms. But while it relieves the symptoms, like nausea and heartburn, it doesn't prevent the problems from occurring like zantac or dexilant will.

13. [quote name="travilanche" post="19117423" timestamp="1386405967"]This happens to me occasionally even if I haven't smoked anything. Sometimes a massive cough just makes me throw up. I think it is related to my acid reflux disease. I have it bad enough I actually have prescriptions for it. So if this is a problem that you keep having you might want to see a doctor. Could be that you have acid in your throat that is always looking for an excuse to get out.BTW...if you smoke as much as you say you do, you will not notice your acid reflux symptoms because cannabis does such an amazing job of masking the symptoms. But while it relieves the symptoms, like nausea and heartburn, it doesn't prevent the problems from occurring like zantac or dexilant will.[/quote]I never even thought about that. I'll have to ask him about it next time I see him. If I were to have that and get on medicine to take care of it, that means the coughing shit will stop. Right?

14. Most likely. Or at least become much rarer. As long as I take my pills everyday I Dont usually have problems.