Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Throwing up after smoking even a little bit of weed.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by shawnuhhhoe, Jan 28, 2009.

1. I know there are already threads about this, but the answers didn't help. I think my situation is a little different.
    I love smoking weed, and have been doing it for about four years now.
    Thing is, I've puked twice from smoking, within the last month, and I don't know why. I don't really think I can be allergic if it took me four years to notice, and I know i'm not smoking too much because the last time I puked I only had shared a bowl pack with my friend.

I suppose it could be the quality. But I've smoked bowl, after blunt, after joint and over again of pretty dank shit. I don't see how I could be fine doing that, but vomit after just one SHARED bowl pack, or one SHARED blunt.

2. i've noticed with some weed i get the spins where i feel nauseated but only thrown up once. However, this weed was laced with PCP.. sooo that could be a reason. Dunno everyone is different. Could just be shitty weed.

3. #3 Lawrz, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2009

Occasionally nasty dealers will coat weed with pesticides if they feel that it will not get their clients high enough. This could be a possible explanation, but probably not.

Chances are that it is probably in your head, and this causes you to puke. THC does affect the digestion system though, but I'm betting most of the upset is in your brain. A headache or migraine can sometimes cause you to feel sickly after smoking weed.

Also another reason could be that you have either eaten too much or not enough that day. Queezy feelings in the stomach are often intensified after smoking.

4. That could be it. The first time I so much food from this diner, and it made me feel a little unwell. Second time I hadn't eaten anything at all. Also, I did notice a pounding headache both times, but I ignored it.
    So that's a possibility.

5. Are you swallowing the smoke?

Don't feel bad, this happens to me too. I recently had bronchitis really bad and now when I'm hitting something [especially joints] and I cough, I throw up. It's awful, but I know it'll go away.

6. Yeah, some dealers are pretty grimy around my area. But the most they'll do is rip you off. They don't get shitty weed, and make bank because it's such a small town. I don't buy pre-weighed bags, though. Everything is done is front of me, and I usually smoke up my dealer if he's providing rides or delivering (which he usually is) So, it's not laced. Unless my dealer(s) is/are fucking insane.

7. Could also be the hits your taking. I notice when I take huge hits off a bong and cough my lungs out I feel like i'm about to throw up. Maybe you should try some smaller hits.

8. What he said.

9. Yeah, but I don't throw up immediately after smoking (or coughing). Both times it happened like a half hour to an hour after I smoked.

10. You maybe try having some food if your stomach. Idk tho

11. same thing happened to me, and i made a thread on it and didnt get to many answers.
    but there are a couple possiblilites

1. Does your shit have purple on it? If its blotchy and in clumped like areas, your bud is frostbitten/grown improperly. It can give you a bad headache and nausea

2. Eat a regular sized meal or snack before smoking, it is a known fact that sometimes when people smoke on an empty stomach they get sick

12. The only time I've puked from smoking was last week. Took a hit from a bong that was way too fucking big, starting coughing my lungs up then I just yaked. It's no fun dude but all I can tell you is just watch the amount you hit at once. Good luck.

13. If it is only twice I wouldn't worry about it. Even though I have NEVER puked from weed (and people on this website know, I trip my balls off from smoking), some people still do. You were probably just too high. What I would do is do a little week long experiment. Smoke less the beginning of the week than you normally smoke, then the next day, smoke a little more, and so on, until you find the point where you get too high. Then, just smoke your preferred amount from now on. :hello:

14. Swallowing it could probably be a possibility. Both times I threw up I coughed A LOT, and I could've swallowed without really noticing.

I figured out that it's probably more psycological than anything, though. Usually when I notice that I feel a little unwell, I focus on that and it makes me worry about throwing up and stuff, when in reality, it's not that bad. (probably hunger pains, caffeine withdrawals, etc.) The "unwell" feeling was probably there before i smoked, but i just noticed it afterwards, because I become more aware after i smoke. I think the anxiety of throwing up makes me feel even more sick, and ultimately made me throw up.
    when you're high, you can convince yourself anything is more amplified than it is. =P